PC or Console Gaming?

D2Chaos

Reaction score
PC or console games. I prefer PC. Just because the games are way better and not a lot of extra fees. Also, what games you like for your favorite system?

<3 blizzard games! No poll, let's just chit-chat :p :naughty:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
PC for me! Starcraft is one of the best RTS games out there. I'm a shooter person, so I play games like Halo, Halo 2, Crysis, Call of Duty 4, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, etc, and games like Assassin's Creed.

LHVWB

Reaction score
PC, but thats mostly because I've never owned a decent console. PC's are better because they can do other stuff as well making them more useful, they also tend to have cheaper games. :)

intertec

Reaction score
I would have to go with console. More fun, cheaper and I just like it more. Specially my xbox360!

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have connected my PC to my TV and plugged in a USB games controller. From what I can see, most of the time it looks better than the PS3 :D

And is quieter too :lol:

VPmase

Reaction score
I have connected my PC to my TV and plugged in a USB games controller. From what I can see, most of the time it looks better than the PS3 :D

And is quieter too
Lol. Picture in picture? I used to do that with my 19" widescreen xD I would have my PC in the big picture and my Wii in the other xD

PC gaming is way better since there are less restrictions and most of the controls are the same for most games.

Last edited:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Nah, I forgot to say my friend has the PS3. For example, we've both got Race Driver: GRiD, and it just looks... better, on my set up! Sometimes if I've got stuff working in the background, it can stutter a bit, but it's usually totally awesome. If only more games supported controllers better. All 'Games For Windows' should have full support for just plugging an XBOX 360 controller in, so my ThrustMaster should be fine!

Assassin's Creed is fantastic. Looks great, takes ages to do if you do ALL the main and periphery missions, as opposed to the bare-minimum. And works with a USB controller pretty much out-of-the-box.

Haha, ThrustMaster sounds like something that you'd see in an 'adult video'... :naughty:

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed is awesome. On the PC, graphics and everything for that game look nice. Soft Shadows, HDR and shaders on max settings at my max resolution (which is greater than HDTV).

woiwky

Reaction score
I always say I prefer PC games, but I'm really not sure. The most memorable games I've played were all console games. Most of them are from the old arcade to SNES era, but there were good times with some later ones too(Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, and Goldeneye 007 namely).

I think it's that console games can be more engaging somehow. For one, having the person/people you're playing with/against right next to you just provides a better experience than playing with people online.

Even with single player, console games seem to just be different. I've played Solomon's Key, an old favorite of mine, on the computer and it just doesn't feel the same way. But unfortunately that's really the only place I can play it now.

When it comes to large online multiplayer games, though, that's just ground I think consoles should stay away from. PC's are much more equipped and reasonable for that type of thing in my opinion.

So if the question was choosing between PC games of today and console games of today, I'd go with PC games. But if it's choosing between the the old console games and the PC games today, I'd go with those old games without hesitation ;-)

whitebus

Reaction score
i've always been a pc gamer, preferring tbs like civ (or chess) but i must say i'm becoming addicted to hot shots golf fore on the ps2. plays much like the original pga tour golf for the pc, and has a nice bagpipe classic. i got a cheap homer simpson controller, but it's comfortable and the x button hasn't given out yet. mmm doughnuts!

Reaction score
When I was younger because I wasn't allowed internet access because of my age and things it was Console. I started off with a PS1 but when games stopped being released so much on it my Dad went out one weekend and bought me a PS2. Before that me and my Sister shared a Nintendo.

Since I was older at 14 I began playing on line games such as Yahoo Pool. Couldn't get myself off of it.
Then I learnt of Counter Strike and played that for the next summer, then learnt of Counter Strike Source and have been playing that since last summer.
Looks like I may be purchasing Day Of Defeat Source next.

Online gaming for me now, although I wouldn't mind an xbox 360 seeing as how you can get online with it.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
LOL I was allowed to use the internet when I was 5! Of course, I could only go on certain sites but just as long as I didn't spend too much time on it or go on sites other than Cartoon Network, I was all set.

Reaction score
LOL I was allowed to use the internet when I was 5! Of course, I could only go on certain sites but just as long as I didn't spend too much time on it or go on sites other than Cartoon Network, I was all set.

Oh god!! Could never keep myself on those stupid sites!! Can't stand watching my small cousin on the CBeebies website either!! :thefinger:thefinger LOL

I used to play Solitaire a lot, and F1 then found myself wanting to play pool and snooker.

JuniorD

Reaction score
console hands down. it takes forever for pc games to download. i only have one or two on my cpu at the moment.

D2Chaos

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, console gaming is great. But I suck with controllers LOL. Better with keyboard/mouse. (Easier) I was never really a hardcore gamer. :p

nexhunter

Reaction score
pc gaming, dont need to buy a new console almost every 3 years and can repair computer more easily than having to send the console to the manufacturer because of video chip going bad, and also the fact that i play rts alot and they simply aren't meant for consoles

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
You forgot to mention that you can also upgrade your PC as well!