Pear :: Db?

Status
Not open for further replies.

9svn6

Reaction score
Hi i'm trying to get a bug tracker system going but it's loading a blank page after trying to load PEAR and DB are they installed correctly? I tried to click reinstall for both of the modules in my cpanel but it didn't work said there was nothing to install.

9svn6

Reaction score
ok I CHMODed all the files to 755 still the same thing, I installed pear on my apache I have at home and the scripts all work fine on it so I'm assuming its something on x10hostings side but I'm not sure what. If you want to check it out the install is located at:

http://kamcraft.x10hosting.com/bt

The install page loads but when I goto Test the db or submit it goes to a blank page. On my home computer the test brings up a page that says test complete and submit goes to next phase in the install. Even if the db info was wrong it should still say error.
Edit:
I tried reinstallin PEAR and DB in the cpanel under Software / Services > PHP PEAR Packages and it gives this error:

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Ignoring installed package pear/PEAR
Nothing to install
/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin

pretty much the same thing for DB as well I also tried to Uninstall it so that I coudl try Install but it gives the same error.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Pear right now is not set up for the current PHP versions. I'll be recompiling PHP versions 2 & 3 across all servers sometime before tomorrow night. I'll be sure to include Pear then and install the DB module.

9svn6

Reaction score
oh ok that explains it lol thank you very much :)
Edit:
is it installed now?
Edit:
PEAR and DB still aren't working did you recompile yet?
Edit:
Hey you go to RIT? thats awesome I live in rochester, and I just downloaded ubuntu from RIT last night heh.

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Yeah I re-compiled all versions of PHP with support for PEAR late last night. I had a problem with actually installing PEAR modules though, so I wasn't able to do that. I'm working on it now though.

And yeah, I go to RIT. :) That is cool that you're from Rochester, haha.

9svn6

Reaction score
You know what before I install it maybe I should ask you guys. The Bug tracker I'm trying to install is called phpBugtracker but it says it needs magic_quotes_gpc on and when I look that up it says it's going to be obsolete soon so I figured I'd ask you guys if you knew of any Bug Tracker's that might be better?

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
No, I'm not aware of any.

Magic_quotes_gpc is still within PHP 5.x branch and always will remain there. Only PHP versions greater than 6 will have that 'feature' (Horrible one at that!) removed.

PHP 5 took a long time to overtake PHP 4 in terms of use throughout web servers, so I believe it's somewhat safe to say that losing support completely for magic_quotes_gpc (With version 6) won't come for a long time. If PHP 5 took so long to be adopted, PHP 6 may be the same. I wish that it weren't that way.. but oh well.

Last edited:

9svn6

Reaction score
Yeah from what I've read about it I want to avoid using it so I'm going to look for something else, I downloaded bugzilla but I think its an actual server software for unix and not just a web front it wanted me to run commands so I wasn't sure. I think I'll keep looking.
Edit:
I'm getting this error now

Failed loading Pear:DB

but its further then it was before :)
Edit:
are you still having problems installing PEAR and DB?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Bryon is working on it still, and when PHP6 comes out we can do PHP5 & PHP6 hosting! Have the default be PHP6 and the users can request PHP5 maybe?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
No, it should be installed and working. Let me make a few changes. I'll post back once finished, try after that.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
[root@cossacks bin]# ./pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
=========================================
Package Version State
Archive_Tar 1.3.2 stable
Console_Getopt 1.2.3 stable
DB 1.7.13 stable
HTML_Common 1.2.4 stable
HTML_Common2 2.0.0beta1 beta
HTML_QuickForm 3.2.10 stable
HTML_QuickForm2 0.2.0 alpha
HTML_Template_IT 1.1 stable
Net_UserAgent_Detect 2.0.1 stable
PEAR 1.7.1 stable
Structures_Graph 1.0.2 stable
XML_RPC 1.5.1 stable

I reinstalled it and it's now listed in the output of the list command. Is it working for you?

9svn6

Reaction score
Failed loading Pear:DB
Please check your Pear installation and the defined PEAR_PATH in install.php

What is the path?
Edit:
I'll try to change the path in the script to see if that works but what is the path?

Last edited:

9svn6

Reaction score
I still need the path to try other then that still not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.