Permissions Messed Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick2007

Reaction score
I have never touched the permissions and when I try to edit static content in Joomla! I get this error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index2.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at rgevo2.x10hosting.com Port 80

How do I fix this?

hommetotem

Reaction score
You should submit a ticket, it seems that many people encounter permission problems since the last server maintenance, and modifiying the chmod doesn't help either.

Sachiko7

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems trying to edit templates for Wordpress. I submitted a ticket but no response yet.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
If you've submitted a ticket please be patient, staff members are busy, and it's time for the holidays.

viljuska

Reaction score
can you write the solution for this problem when you will get reply from admins, please

Nick2007

Reaction score
This problem still has not been resolved. No matter what I tried, it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who is experienced with Joomla!, can you please tell me which files are associated with editing locked static content and creating static content so I can update those permissions.

Then again, it could just be a server problem with mod_security.

I still would like an explanation from an administrator, as I never touched the permissions since day one of my site, and the problems just started last week.

What went wrong?

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
That is definitely a sever issue. You could try the common stuff, deleting the .htaccess file, clearing DNS and ache, updating your browser, but thats all you can do until admin get back to you.

Jarryd

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Just to inform you all, create a ticket at http://support.x10hosting.com as it's related to mod_security being a little bit funny. A senior staff member needs to address this issue for each account and see what is causing it. Please once you have created a ticket about it there be patient and wait for a reply.

parkourmumbai

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue the OP mentioned on phpBB3 upon trying to post a new reply or a thread, or even when trying to edit a post.

Created a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.