Personal/Fun Site

imaran

Reaction score
http://m0dus0perandi.elementfx.com/

I made this just for fun a while back. Characters were from Ragnarok online, someone's fanart, but I spent a lot of work with color/shading changes as well as opacity/fill changes. The background color/pattern/whatever i made in Photoshop and the html is done in dreamweaver mx.

I'd like to change some stuff but I don't know how to do a couple things. First off on my Story page in dreamweaver the only option i knew for it was a text box which i don't know how to lock so no one else can type (right now anyone can just click in and type extra stuff in...they can't save but thats beyond the poing). I'll be moving the home text closer to the rest of the other text, don't know what i was doing there.

Character page will be taken from the story, i just put it all into story for now. Forums will eventually come later too, easy enough to do.

I'm drawing a blank now on what else i wanted to do that i don't know how, i'll add that in if i remember though.
--------

Now i have Indesign CS3 so a lot more options are open to me, I might just re-do it in indesign, i'm considering my options.

Any comments or suggestions? Wheel of Time is certainly not my idea or such, all credit is given to Robert Jordan. I just love the story.

Last edited:

DarkenProject

Reaction score
Hey imaran,

Took a look at the site and those graphics really appeal to the eye; I enjoy the more nuetral browns and such.

As far as your text area problem, that's easily fixed! In the code view for your textarea, add readonly to the opening tag like this:

HTML:
<TEXTAREA name="thetext" readonly>
Some Text
</TEXTAREA>

Good luck on your development!
-DarkenProject

imaran

Reaction score
Hey imaran,

Took a look at the site and those graphics really appeal to the eye; I enjoy the more nuetral browns and such.

As far as your text area problem, that's easily fixed! In the code view for your textarea, add readonly to the opening tag like this:

HTML:
<TEXTAREA name="thetext" readonly>
Some Text
</TEXTAREA>
Good luck on your development!
-DarkenProject

awesome, thanks a ton :)

DS Gamers

Reaction score
Looks really good,
It's quick to load, easy on the eye, and easy to navigate.
One thing I would consider doing (but it's only a personal preference) is centering it but like I said it's just a personal thing.