Phishing

sharuu

Reaction score
I've noticed that most of the phishing is done on free networking sites! I wish you'd a better way of monitoring sites hosted on your network!

I have posted this to report phishing on

1. sowmya x10 mx/facebook/
  2. sowmya x10 mx/gmail/

I hope yo u take care of this before more victims fall for the trap!

Last edited by a moderator:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Consider them destroyed permanently - I shall salvage the sourcecode from their pages and update our facebook and gmail filters so they get caught automatically on the next round :)

If you happen to find any others, fire off an email to abuse@x10hosting.com - I get those emails on my home PC and respond soon as I'm at the keyboard to get them :)

Darkmere

Reaction score
Can we make a suggestion not to post any hostile links. For some reason sometimes you will have people click on them even though they are marked as bad lol. I was an admin before for certain companies and have had this happen.

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Phishing is awful, if I come across any sites, i'll let you know Livewire.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we make a suggestion not to post any hostile links. For some reason sometimes you will have people click on them even though they are marked as bad lol. I was an admin before for certain companies and have had this happen.

Or we not post them at all and send them to abuse [@] x10hosting.com where I get massive alert noises when I get a new email :)

Phishing is awful, if I come across any sites, i'll let you know Livewire.
I'm still working on updating our templates too; it's always a "fix it once they break it" battle but if I do my job good enough you'll almost never find one :p

Last edited:

dfsgdgdf

Reaction score
But you all have to admit it's really funny that the people that get ZT suspended that instantly come on these forums and cry about it.

The best ones are the ones that claim it was for educational purposes, when they are phishing major sites.

Last edited:

Darkmere

Reaction score
I hate that phrase "For Educational Purposes" lol it is an escape goat for just about anything.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
"For educational purposes" you can make a site for the First National Bank of Gotham City, Smallville branch. Show how you can "fool people".

But having a domain UpdateYourPassword.facebook.com.changepassword.x10.bz and then putting up a Facebook look alike goes beyond "educational purposes".

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
(not to mention if it's for a class, chances are that they're going to be copying something like the school's website as a demo, not facebook or gmail, and they'd also probably be using the school's servers instead of x10)

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of the so-called "Educational" ones I've seen aren't, and frankly I dun care how "Educational" it is. When caught, you'll be ZT'd.

And may the Lord have mercy on your soul if you get caught cause someone reports it, like our DATACENTER.