Photography, Digital Painting and Art Site

kiltyk2009

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm a Beginner ;),
this is my 1st site and that's how I learn a little bit of html and that's about it. I used Dreameweaver and Photoshop. Please tell me what you guys think. I Know I don't have a good Form Mail because I'm using an outside company and I'll probably open another forum for that but what about the rest?
Thank you!

http://daianakelly.elementfx.com

In-The-Morning_S-300x225.jpg

JuniorD

Reaction score
its better than most beginner sites i've seen. perhaps you should make a light/dark gray border around your pictures.

sunils

Reaction score
This is a wonderful site, its a good design. It looks professional. Good luck... Great job..

tittat

Reaction score
Really a different look, great,i love it.
Keep up the good work.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Visually and technically great, but some of the design choices had me puzzled. Navigating away from your home page, at first, I though that I had been misdirected to a different web site. The menu was different, the header was different, the background was different, and the color scheme was radically different.

I don't think every page should look exactly the same, but more shared themes help to re-inforce the "brand". The color schemes really affect the mood as well. If you are selling to families, the motif on your home page is light (literally and figuratively) and cheerful, and would be great. If you are selling to people looking for an artistic piece, the motif on the other pages is better suited.

I found the changing menu (changing location and content) to be annoying. Simply changing the color of the menu item of the current page works better than dropping it from the menu.

You might also slow down the rate at which the photos change. I didn't feel I had enough time to enjoy them.

It is a very well done sight, but if I were shopping, I would prefer one theme or the other (they are both great individually).

Cheers,

kiltyk2009

Reaction score
Thank you every one for your input and I know I'm not done yet but I wanted to put it up so I have a place where to send people to see what I can do. It is really good to hear from others, so thank you again.
Now I can change where I didn't do well so I can improve the site. I'm all about getting better.
About the time I'm afraid the people might get bored if it takes too long to change the picture and run away. I'm hoping to get my own shopping cart soon so I don't send people out to another place but for now I have to deal with what I have. I’ll definitely change the place of the menu soon.
Thank you for the advices.