Photography site need some feedback

kbruin79

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using google analytics and i found that i have a high bounce rate. I tried to reduce the photos in size as much as possible without sacrificing quality but i think it still take a little while to load.

My question is the rate at which the site will load is related to the server used?

here is the site http://karimsalha.com/home.html

All feedbacks are appreciated

Thanks

balaji2u

Reaction score
Yes server used for hosting will definitely affect the site loading.
and also if you are using any ad codes it too decreases the load when compared to with out ad's.
if its a huge site small factors like unnecessary line breaks could even increase the site load.
your site is neat and good but try to give a bolder and little bit darker look for the text "karim salha photography" because the color now doesn't seems to give importance for the mirroring effect which you've done nicely.
Edit:
and also if you are using any ad codes it too decreases the load when compared to with out ad's.
if its a huge site small factors like unnecessary line breaks could even increase the site load.
your site is neat and good but try to give a bolder and little bit darker look for the text "karim salha photography" because the color now doesn't seems to give importance for the mirroring effect which you've done nicely.

Last edited:

kbruin79

Reaction score
Edit:

Thanks i will. The next question is how's x10's hosting speed compared to other hosting services ?

thanks

tittat

Reaction score
It would be nice if could place thumb nails instead of posting the whole image to your home page,it will save both server and client BW and loading time.
Try to make your header a little more attractive.
Good luck :)

balaji2u

Reaction score
well x10 hosters is not lesser than any other premium hosters at service point of view.
they have excellent reboot interval and minimum downtime with a good infrastructure i think..
don't think this as an inferior compared to premium hosters..
You can switch to premium plan of x10 if you need more space,BW,databases,Parked domains.
but i hope you wont need this for your portfolio kind of website..
try to visit www.behance.net to have some awesome design layout bloomin every day im telling you this because as a photographic website it needs more attraction than a normal one..

Ainokea

Reaction score

try using woopra you can get realtime statistics vs googles 12-24 hours behind. You can also chat with users on your website, and they dont need any plugins.. its very nice eye candy plus it gives other stats, but I dont have any as I just got it. Heres my site showing me as the visitor with some basic information... its kick ass, open beta. There closing when they get 50,000 so hurry and register.

woopra.com

Last edited: