PHP BB 2.0.16 Manual instalation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFIV

Reaction score
Hi all. I want to install a template but it doesnt work with the current phpbb version that the server has (2.0.17) and i will try if it works with the 2.0.17 version. My question is, what have i to put in that fields??

thx

GFIV

Reaction score
Ok, i think that i know how to fill it but when i press on start install it says that Could not connect to database and also says that could not connect to the FTP site... what to do?

hitman

Reaction score
you have to make a database with mysql, then you enter the following information into there, more information at www.google.com

elven

Reaction score
create a mysql database (cpanel => MySQL Databases => add database, then create a user and add the user to the database)

first:
localhost
name of database (normally xxx_xxx)
name of user (xxx_xxx)
pw of user you created for database

n4tec

Reaction score
How to create a MySQL database?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, enter the name of the new database in the field next to Db: and click on the “Add Db” button.

Congratulations, you have successfully created a new MySQL database!

How to create a new MySQL database user?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, enter the username and password of the new user in the fields under Users: and click on the “Add User” button.

Congratulations, you have successfully added a new MySQL database user!

How to add a MySQL user to a MySQL database?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, select the user you wish to add to the database in the first list, select the database to which you wish to add the user in the second list and click on the “Add User to Db” button.

Congratulations, you have successfully added a user to a database!

How to remove a MySQL user from a MySQL database?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, locate the user you wish to remove from the desired database and click on the “Delete” button next to it.

Congratulations, you have successfully removed a user from a database!

How to delete a MySQL database user?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, locate the user you wish to delete under Users: and click on the “Delete” button next to it.

Congratulations, you have successfully removed a MySQL database user!

How to use phpMyAdmin?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, click on “phpMyAdmin” and select the database you wish to administer from the left drop-down menu.

How to remove a MySQL database?

Click on “MySQL Databases”, locate the database you wish to remove under Databases: and click on the “Delete” button next to it.

Congratulations, you have successfully removed a MySQL database!

http://x10hosting.com/showpost.php?p=33018&postcount=30

when done with the above enter the necessary details in that installation form..

Database server hostname: localhost
database name here put the main database
database username here put the database user for the database
database password here put the database password for the database user

forza

Reaction score
10cx.png

28sp.png

36yk.png

40gh.png

If you need anymore help, feel free to pm me.

Last edited:

danyelous

Reaction score
Hi. i had registereed at x10hosting, i have a webdomain from argentine, but in my cPanel I coulnd create a database, it shows "MySQL Databases 0/0" What i have to do to have access to 1 MySQL Databas?¿?¿?¿?
Please help!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.