PHP Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I have a PHP file that is giving me an error, but I can't see the error because I only get a blank page. How can I see the error without PHP.ini access?

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I don't have one, nor the means to setup one. My home computer won't work for this ATM. But thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You're getting a blank page? Sounds like a suppressed error to me.

Look for commands starting with the @ sign. Make a backup of the original file, then start removing those @ signs one by one until the server puts an error up.

The @ sign basically stops the server from showing any errors. If it's an error that stops the execution of the page, the execution...Well, stops. Resulting in an empty page, which is displayed as a blank white page.

If that doesn't fix it then I dunno whats wrong, but that should, at the very least, get the system to tell you what broke somewhere.

PogoMonkey

Reaction score
I dont know muuuuch.
but this happened to me
and i found out i didnt close <title>
hahah. its probably the dumbest thingg
but yeah just sharing
:)

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I'm aware that the errors are being suppressed, but there are no lines starting with '@' in the entire file and I was told that error displaying and logging is set in the PHP.ini. This error just started happening recently, no related changes to the site were made.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm aware that the errors are being suppressed, but there are no lines starting with '@' in the entire file and I was told that error displaying and logging is set in the PHP.ini. This error just started happening recently, no related changes to the site were made.

What server are you on? Maybe it's got something to do with the server move.

Speaking of which, if it's doing connections to mysql, do you have it connecting to mysql.x10hosting.com, since thats where MySQL'll be located soon for all servers, not just Stoli?

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
It uses the site's global configuration file, which seems to be working fine for the rest of the site. Am I supposed to change something? I'm on Cossacks.
Edit:
*bump*

Can't I request to have PHP errors logged with Apache?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.