PHP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranperij

Reaction score
I was hosting a gallery on your servers using the gallery2 code, and it used to work before perfectly. Then after the PHP change, the gallery wouldn't allow me to upload pictures or change any of the settings. I saw the news and upgraded my PHP to the intermediate version, but the problem still persisted. So I tried to reinstall it, and got this error in the system checks part of the installation:

"Warning: The exec() function is disabled in your PHP by the disabled_functions parameter in php.ini. You won't be able to use modules that require external binaries (e.g. ImageMagick, NetPBM or Ffmpeg). This can only be set server-wide, so you will need to change it in the global php.ini."

I assume that its disabled for security, and I'm pretty sure I can't get an upgrade to advanced. Should I go and try to use another web host?

cetutnx1

Reaction score
Actually is a very "easy" problem to solve, you should change your PHP version to v2 (I guess is Intermediate) in x10hosting account panel (http://x10hosting.com/account) then wait at least for 12hs and boilá you have gallery2 working again...

ranperij

Reaction score
I do have intermediate, though I do feel kind of stupid. I simply had to disable the other image toolkits, and just use the default Gd one that came with Gallery 2, and everyone thing works perfectly again.

Please close/lock this topic, and sorry to be a bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.