PHP security Login , password , security

eliteel5

Reaction score
Hi all and hope all are in good health

I have a few questions regarding PHP login , password etc and need some assistance in hope that some one can offer correct information's

Currently I have an application that runs on RPI(raspberry pi ) utilizing C++ that posts at intervals data to a php script which then populates a database hosted by x10

1st question is as follows

In order to post data login is required
Having read various info on the net its suggested that you use an include php script with these details i.e pass word database and login name

Great all working fine However this is in the root directory where your index page meaning all can still access this
They need only know the name of the script to read details

They also suggest chmod with 644 is this correct

Others additionally suggest place this in a folder above the web server root so that no one can gain access which is fine

Second question

Can I do this , is this allowed and if so where and what folder would you place this in

Third question
.ht-access files

I have tried this but alas will work only once there after for some reason my application wont continue to post data which is what I need this to do
could some one show me how to do this ciorrectly or if there might be something I am doing wrong

Thanking you all and anyone whom can provide help and assistance with this

Have a good day

3: Can some one advise how as not overly experienced with PHP and having to read on tut after another to gain some ideas as bet approach along with Ajax