PHP Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Any one with an accepted application for PHP version 3 will need to re-apply for an application for v3. Everyone with an upgrade to v3 has been set to use v2.

If you have any problems with this, please post here and I will help you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tomcenc

Reaction score
I have an application pending a few days already and it still hasn't been upgraded. What's odd it says
Your application for PHP v was accepted and your account is pending a PHP version upgrade.
Mind "for PHP v" instead of "for PHP v3"
My account name is tomcenc on absolut

sky0r

Reaction score
I'm running MyBB and as I know there is no other chance to run it without the upgrade to Advanced.
Can I have PHPv3 too?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Tomcenc: That looks like it may be a bug with the system. It'll be looked into later today when I have the time to.

Everyone else: Do not post here asking for a change, it just wastes time. Request an upgrade the correct way.

About MyBB: Like everyone has been saying, MyBB requires exec() and eval() in order to run. Eval() is disabled only in v1 of PHP, not in v2. Exec() is disabled in v1 and v2.

We will not give out PHP v3 to anyone in order for them to use MyBB, only v2.

This means that in order to use MyBB with v2 you'll need to disable the use of exec() within it.

If you want MyBB to work:

Within ./global.php..

Replace this:
Lines 371 through 385
PHP:
// Load Limiting
if(strtolower(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) !== 'win')
{
        if($uptime = @exec('uptime'))
        {
                preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/", $uptime, $regs);
                $load = $regs[1];
                // User is not an administrator and the load limit is higher than the limit, show an error
                if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && $load > $mybb->settings['load'] && $mybb->settings['load'] > 0)
                {
                        error($lang->error_loadlimit);
                }
        }
}
With this:
PHP:
// Load Limiting
if(strtolower(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) !== 'win')
{
        if (function_exists('exec')) {
                if ($uptime = exec('uptime')) {
                        preg_match("/averages?: ([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+),[\s]+([0-9\.]+)/", $uptime, $regs);
                        $load = $regs[1];
                        // User is not an administrator and the load limit is higher than the limit, show an error
                        if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && $load > $mybb->settings['load'] && $mybb->settings['load'] > 0)
                        {
                                error($lang->error_loadlimit);
                        }
                }
        }
}

I also found the use of exec() within inc/functions.php. I'm not sure if that is going to cause a problem as well. If I does let me know.

Last edited:

arthur_pham

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a problem is that. My wesite is trying to feed resources from other internet like Yahoo News.

So I have to use file_get_contents() to access the content returned. But it says:

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/...

Is there any way to get out of this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Arthur Pham

aron4588

Reaction score
thank Bryon i was wondering why i was move down to v2 i already rereply for it thx alot

wjiang

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new around here... I was wondering, is there somewhere where I can find a list of exactly what's been disabled for each level of PHP or something?

wjiang

Reaction score
I tried that before - it's not that helpful. Like it never told me that phpinfo() was disabled. It only really refers to exec(), eval(), include(), fopen() and mail() specifically. All others are generically referred to as 'bad functions'. Never mind then, I suppose I could just try and use other functions and see if the server throws a warning.

Last edited:

osb-guild

Reaction score
Require updating php, for my website. I pull this error

(Fatal error: SUHOSIN - Use of eval is forbidden by configuration in /home/osb/public_html/themes/fisubsilversh/theme.php(150) : eval()'d code on line 150) :dunno:

and find a forum in which I need actulización

My site is http://osb.x10hosting.com

If I wrote this evil using google translator xD

hbeaver

Reaction score
I had upgraded to version 2 a while ago, but now I am having trouble using fopen with urls. Has something changed?

nakg0d

Reaction score
I had upgraded to version 2 a while ago, but now I am having trouble using fopen with urls. Has something changed?

Same... and I just encountered this today, 'Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in ...'

hm.. I wonder when these functions will be restored. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.