PHP

Chris

Reaction score
This happened in the past...

Anyway, I learned BASIC as my first language, then Visual Basic 6, then C/C++. I had already learned HTML. See I was going to learn PHP, but I thought it would be kind of hard, but I didn't know that it is pretty similar to C/C++ and HTML.

So now, I'm gliding through PHP because it's similar to C/C++(like the if, select, etc) and HTML (basically is HTML, lol), of which both I know.

Alacritous

deano17

Reaction score
I just bought a book on PHP and I am currently learning it. Does anyone know of any PHP tutorials that show how to make simple guestbooks or different things like that for beginners?

Deano

nicholas

Reaction score
Theory said:
A really good site for PHP is hudzilla.org. It's a crash course on PHP and you'll be familiar with the language in no time.

-Auvee B.

thanks that was a good site you recommend ;)

icely

Reaction score
Theory said:
A really good site for PHP is hudzilla.org. It's a crash course on PHP and you'll be familiar with the language in no time.

-Auvee B.

whoa! it's even better than my book! thanks for the link

phenetic

Reaction score
PHP is used so much its not even funny...i look at alot of sites and see that most of them use PHP as their extension and stuff...

icely

Reaction score
phenetic said:
PHP is used so much its not even funny...i look at alot of sites and see that most of them use PHP as their extension and stuff...

the sites that you were referring to are just using php includes.. it's just a way for us to easiy change the layout without changing all the html files. just the header and footer for php includes and only the index for dynamic includes.

hazardu5

Reaction score
...and what's even better is using Template-based output to seperate your PHP code from your HTML layout. Yummy :)

Kwek

Reaction score
PHP is so cool and i use basic php includes on my sites, but i dunno how to really code using it. I dun even noe HTML :sad: .