Php

Ullysis

Reaction score
Hi everyone, can u give me site that can help me to develop my php skills, i like an advance tutorial on php...:biggrin:

KSclans

Reaction score
well w3schools is basic tutorial and when you get what those basic codes mean move on to php.net and there a lot of codes but if you just go to php.net without knowing basic stuff in w3school you not going to know where to start learning

thespeshulk

Reaction score
php.net provides all the functions with excellent descriptions of how they work. I use it every time I need a reminder of how a function works or what is available. As for a tutorial they don't really have that so i would check w3schools as KSclans says for that. Once you know the language though php.net will make a great reference

KSclans

Reaction score
http://tizag.com is new? I never know there is a website that is as good as w3school I would use tizag from now on w3school haev lot of images, and ads, but tizag have only 1-2 ads...

natsuki

Reaction score
if you really want to develop php skills, then the php manual is the definitive resource. either the online version in php.net or a downloadable one

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
W3schools is the way to go, none of the ads are obstructive, there lessons are structured and to the point. They have a Try it editor to see a page instantly changed with your code, not much help learning PHP though. Php.net is great for reference.

dickey

Reaction score
It all depends on your learning methodology, sometimes trial and error in trying to achieve a result can help you learn.

I usually browse this programming help forum to see what help I can provide and in the process I get to hone my skills with php.

I did buy a book though. It has lots of examples. The book I used is "PHP, MySQL and Apache" with ISBN 0-672-32873-9

Last edited: