phpBB3.0- No problems, it's just... (Wait, move this topic)

redivy

Reaction score
Well, this isn't that big of a deal. It is just- the thing is, I don't like having "Translated by (Blah) from (A french website)" on my board. It just... Meh. This isn't too much of a big deal, but, I would like to remove it, and wondering if that was able/allowed. :hsughr:

The real question is this- I have uploaded phpBB3 to do exactly that- get rid of the "Translated by (Blah)" thing. BUT- when I go to the directory "RedIvy.co.cc/forums/install", it goes to a 404 page. I have changed the file permissions of each file, I have made a MySQL user and MySQL Database, but still am not able to install it.

Once again, this isn't a big deal, and if I am unable to install it for some reason, I will simply use Fantastico, although, I still don't like that "Translated By" thing :mad:

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I used to have a forum, but I got rid of it because it wasn't really being used, not even by me. I remember being able to log in as an administrator and seeing the footer page file. From there, you should be able to edit what goes on the bottom of every page (where I'm assuming the line of text you want to remove is) and save your changes to update the pages of the forum. I know this is vague, and I can't give specific instructions because I deleted the forums from my website, but I hope it gives you somewhere to start.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
The real question is this- I have uploaded phpBB3 to do exactly that- get rid of the "Translated by (Blah)" thing. BUT- when I go to the directory "RedIvy.co.cc/forums/install", it goes to a 404 page. I have changed the file permissions of each file, I have made a MySQL user and MySQL Database, but still am not able to install it.

make sure you are using the right directories. phpBB has a tendency to package files in a phpbb3 folder.

redivy

Reaction score
I used to have a forum, but I got rid of it because it wasn't really being used, not even by me. I remember being able to log in as an administrator and seeing the footer page file. From there, you should be able to edit what goes on the bottom of every page (where I'm assuming the line of text you want to remove is) and save your changes to update the pages of the forum. I know this is vague, and I can't give specific instructions because I deleted the forums from my website, but I hope it gives you somewhere to start.

Thanks for spending some time trying to answer the question, but, what I was really looking for was if I was allowed to remove that. I am perfectly capable of doing it :lol:

I think I have got it all figured out though, so, thanks for the help anyways!

:biggrin: