PHPBB3 update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Hello.
I was trying to update my phpbb3 forum engine to the latest version. After checking the files there are options to upload them through FTP automatically or to use manual download/upload. I chose automatic uploading through FTP. It said "Uploading successful" in an instant. Then it said that it will recheck the files again to see if the changes were applied. I clicked "OK" and it gave me a blank page.
And now I can't even start the installer again!
I checked my Error Log on cPanel, and there are lots of errors like these:
Code:
[Fri Nov 14 09:45:04 2008] [error] [client 94.178.5.54] ALERT - function within blacklist called: posix_getgroups() (attacker '94.178.5.54', file '/home/toff/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php', line 530), referer: http://www.divinity-guild.co.cc/forum/install/index.php?mode=update&sub=update_files
[Fri Nov 14 09:45:04 2008] [error] [client 94.178.5.54] ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 134217728 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '94.178.5.54', file '/home/toff/public_html/forum/install/index.php', line 148), referer: http://www.divinity-guild.co.cc/forum/install/index.php?mode=update&sub=update_files
[Fri Nov 14 09:03:55 2008] [error] [client 94.178.5.54] ALERT - script tried to increase memory_limit to 134217728 bytes which is above the allowed value (attacker '94.178.5.54', file '/home/toff/public_html/forum/install/index.php', line 148)
Please, tell me what to do, as I can't update my PHPBB installation otherwise, and my forum is currently disabled because of that.
Thank you.

By the way, last time I updated a few months ago it resulted in a suspension for excessive CPU usage after it tried to recheck files, I also asked support to do something. This is really annoying and these restrictions make PHPBB update almost impossible to perform. Could you, please, do something with it ASAP?

Last edited:

Scott

Reaction score
We are aware of this PHP issue, We have alerted the administrators.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Since this thread was closed does this mean the problem is fixed now and I can finally update my PHPBB3 installation to the latest version?

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, that fixed it. I hope this edit doesn't break some of the forum's intended functionality.
Though as the last time I got suspended for high server resource usage after a few file checks, and the time to wait didn't reset itself since the last suspension time. Oh, well. But I still managed to do it after the wait, thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.