Platinium services package: giving too much?

Namjies

Reaction score
I've been profiting from the platinium service package for a year now for the mere price of 30$ for the year.

Along with VIP support, you get 2000 forum credits per month.
That turns into 24k credits for the year. And if people didn't know, 25k credits give you a 25$ paypal payment (lesser payment available but the rate is a bit less than 1$ per 1k point). That leaves the services for 6$, or 1/2 a dollar per month. For this price, you get VIP support forum, 60k (5k/month) banner impressions and 36k text-link impressions (3k/month) +VIP forum usage.

While that makes about 6 cent per 1000 impressions, which is not too bad considering it's placed on the free ad-enhanced websites (or so I believe since bought alone impressions claims to be placed on thousands of websites from x10hosting), it's still alot better than 150k banner impressions at 45$ and a really good deal.

Not to mention the forum points. It's the only way to actually "buy" them, and you know they're overvalued by users of the forum. You can easily get a custom made banner or sig, a suscription to websites, posts and such services for 10-50 credits (1 to 5 cents).

I believe this package gives out too much for its price and should be valued higher or benefits lowered. It's valuable for the service, you can get alot from the markeplace or an almost full refund along with the VIP support and ads impressions. The free hosting has its regular problems and could be better on speed, and therefore could use a less "Discount" price on banner impressions on those websites.

On the other hand it's more attractive to get the service, it help to fund the free accounts and selling ads on such free websites can be hard. Plus an extra flow of credits in the forum might balance the number of credits available to each and therefore balance the value of the credits towards the equivalent x10 reward payment they can get.

What do you think? Should it give less? Or would you be willing to pay more for such premium services? Or is it perfectly set with the mind of generating sales while keeping reasonable benefits for users and x10?

Thrash

Reaction score
I dont think it should give less. If the user comes out almost square ($6 as you said) then it isnt to bad.

F

Fahad

Let me get this straight:
You are complaining that it costs too little?
:)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, x10 seems to be doing fine as a company so you can't complain if you could get a $25 payout with all of the credits you gain a year.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The amount of services that you do get, with the platinum package is a ton, and very very useful.

In my opinion, If x10 is making money like this, then go x10, but if the staff believe that they can make more, for those services....I wouldn't mind paying more for those services either, where else do you find a hosting service that offers what x10 does?

So does it give a lot of services for just 30$, in my opinion it does, I would say...raise the price 10-20 more dollars or make it a full 50$. I know tons of people who are paying that much and probably more for their hosting account in so many other different places, that don't even offer all these great services.

Ow.....if x10 likes the way it is....keep it up, I LIKE IT TOO, but yes it is true, 30$ is too low in my opinion for these services....x10 should make at least 10$ profit if not 20$, instead of 6$.