please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Please check your URL before you post it next time.

Did your site ever load properly?

The error message indicates that the script is not using a valid MySQL username for x10hosting (they are of the form cPanelUsername_yadda ).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The error it's kicking back is simple, and the cause even more so. You've been using your cpanel name to login to mysql instead of going through the database wizard and creating a new user.

This works fine until you update your cpanel password, because the user it's having problems accessing the database with is your cpanel name. Find the MyBB config file and upate the password within it; I'd also highly recommend going to the Databases section of cPanel and creating a new user just for MyBB with all permissions, which will prevent the forum from melting down every time you change your password :)

zomg132473

Reaction score
The error it's kicking back is simple, and the cause even more so. You've been using your cpanel name to login to mysql instead of going through the database wizard and creating a new user.

This works fine until you update your cpanel password, because the user it's having problems accessing the database with is your cpanel name. Find the MyBB config file and upate the password within it; I'd also highly recommend going to the Databases section of cPanel and creating a new user just for MyBB with all permissions, which will prevent the forum from melting down every time you change your password :)
I edited the config.php and updated the password and still it doesnt works.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I edited the config.php and updated the password and still it doesnt works.

Edited it to say what as a username?

The error message I see still says that the script is using a bad username.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Closing ticket as issue is resolved; if you run into other troubles, open up a new one and we'll do what we can! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.