Please review MMO-World.TK

NaHoW

Reaction score
Please review my site www.mmo-world.tk and tell me what I can do better. It's possible that you will have to wait for a few hours because my site is been reveiwed by the webmaster right now

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the overall design of the site is well... just read...

The Style of the forums is fine. HOWEVER:

The icons for the forums need a LOT of work. It take a while to scroll down the screen, and most users only view the first section of the screen before deciding whether to continue or not. If they can only see a couple un-proportionate images, they will surely go away.

The title of the webpage is un-descriptive and rather bland. Maybe just "MMO World - The place for all Massively Mutliplayer Online games!"

Those kinds of titles get more attention from search engine spiders, and therefore you will get more users.

Just going on down the page.

Again with the "mmo-world.tk" on the logo/header

Now: "For all ya MMO!"

Usually on the internet, it is acceptable to use internet slang or even just slang in general. But, unless you want your website to be un-professional, I would suggest changing the slogan to somthing more proper, and more correct. "For all you Massively Multiplayer Online" doesn't make sense as it is referring to an inanimate object.

Now the actual forums:

As I said before, the images in the forum names either need to be abolished, or at least changed to a smaller, common size.

The categories need lots of work though. I suggest you have the "Tools" category moved to the top of the forums, for reasons stated above, and rename it to "Important Information".
And... Make an "Offtopic" section for the Signitures and other media type stuff like x10 has here.

Also, I think it might be wise to have the different categories in a section called "Categories" Here's a diagram:

MMO Categories
Shooter​
Gunz​
WarRock​
Soldier Front​
ETC...​
Fantasy​
WoW​
Knight​
Age of Conan​
Racing​
Drift City​
Track Mania​
Browser Based​
RuneScape​
Tribal Wars​
Funorb​

---------------------------------------------
KEY:

MMO Categories - Category Title
Category - Category of game​
Game Name - Name of game in the category. It would be a sub-forum of the Category of MMO (Shooter, etc)​

---------------------------------------------

Finally, the URL:

.tk domains are very tacky and most users turn away from them. If you cannot purchase a high-level domain name such as .com, .net, .org etc. I would highly suggest getting a free .co.cc domain from http://www.co.cc

They are less tacky than .tk's and have become a staple for the internet, as it is a free service. Also, they don't have the annoying .tk favicon that everyone knows and... hates. :p

Overall: 5/10 Keep working!

rubenj

Reaction score
It looked amazing to me, but I suggest getting a co.cc domain instead of .tk, so it's not just masked. Still, the site is very appealing!

Sohail

Reaction score
The theme is pretty good but the images linking with the forums have completely different sizes and the backgrounds should be cut out of the logos and optimized to make it better.

6/10