Please review my "green" experiment site

edare

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently completed a website for the first time to gather research data for my thesis. Entitled, "energy.dare," it's a site where I try to explain to visitors what my project is, why it's important, and how to sign up to be a volunteer in the experiment. I am hoping to have a lot of participants, and for the general community to get involved, so that we can have some discussions on our energy uses and the environment.

As this is the first time I've ever made a website, I would appreciate any feedback on what you think. I've been trying to tweak the site to make it easier for the visitors to get my point, and hopefully, to be inspired to sign up and take part. Any suggestions or advice on how to better achieve this would be great.

Thanks in advance! And I look forward to your comments.

tittat

Reaction score
Nice and simple.The only thing that i noticed is that the layout is not centered.

edare

Reaction score
@tittat: thank you for the comment. I'm not sure I've figured out how to centre the layout, but maybe if I have time, i'll look into that. I guess it might make things look a little better :)

@fearghal: is there a "huge white bit" to the left? I wonder if that might have to do with the fact that my layout is not flush to the top lefthand corner of the screen? is there a LOT of white space to the left of the border of the layout? Because that shouldn't be happening... Mind if I ask what browser you were using to view my site? Thank you!

kacete

Reaction score
It's very simple, which is always a good think (think google). You should try to center it, as previously said. Another thing is the red "dare", I don't think it fits the rest of the template. maybe a darker red... Good job though! :biggrin:

Sohail

Reaction score
Simple, but effective design, perhaps you should try using a div center to center the whole site as it would look much better then give the background a light green colour and you have a fair amount of content too which is good so overall I would give you a 6/10.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Looks very good for a blogging website. I like it. 8/10

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I hate the pale green sidebar on the right when your broswe pages. The dark grey bar on top of the navigation element when we place the mouse over the link we're currently on seems a bit out of place, I'd remove it.

Other than that I love the desgin though (needs to be centered of course ^^ ).

Scott B

Reaction score
8.5/10

I, personally, don't think the alignment is such a big issue. I love the consistency across the pages, and think you get your point across very well. The only problem I am able to point out is the grey bar issues noted above.

Great job with the site, pat yourself on the back =D

edare

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the comments and support!

I will take your suggestions into consideration and see if there's anything I can do. I'm glad to see that most things were minor "aesthetic" problems. I was afraid people would think my site was a disaster. If I figure out a quick and easy way to centre all of my pages, I'll be sure to do it :)

Once again, thank you.

omoney

Reaction score
wierd... at the moment i can't seem to view your site. It appears blank.