Please review my site

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
Difficult to read for a number of reasons. All of the fonts are too small for folks like like me with smaller monitors. The greenish font on the gray background tends to blend into the background. The scrolling effect tends to make all the issues previously mentioned worse. If I have to move my head closer than 24 inches away from the monitor to see the text with my 20/20 vision I will not explore a website farther.
- Carl

Darkmere

Reaction score
You have over 600 Contrast errors on your page you may want to fix or people will not be able to read your page mate

tylerbruce264

Reaction score
One good thing to do is to check your site with the W3C Validator HTML & CSS and it will give you some problems with your site such as Darkmere mentioned to you.

Always remember too that visually impaired viewers have problems with small fonts and sometimes when they do a zoom on a site and the site is not built correctly it can make a mess of your site when they look at it.

Last edited:

mycustomcam70

Reaction score
When I first clicked the link, I thought "hey this isn't too bad," because I like the colors and the header and bg graphics. However, as I scrolled I found the text difficult to read and the word-wrapping around the images rather busying. All the images make the page look crowded and the eye has to jump around to read the text. There doesn't seem to be any symmetry or organization really.

My suggestions would be to:

A. Darken the ".sheet" color and make it a very-little-less transparent so the white text will stand out a bit better.

B. Do something about the text wrapping around the images... for instance, if you want to add images in accordance with certain text, maybe you can kind of break the text up into sections (by header) and just have a single image that precedes a paragraph of text. Then, skip a line and do the next section the same way, maybe with the image floating to the right of the text this time.

C. If nothing else, remove some images to keep a max of 2, preferably 1 image per section. Any extra images you can throw into the photo gallery. I mean, that's what it's there for right?:smile:

The site is nice and simple, unfortunately the main content area makes it seem otherwise. Just clean that up a bit and you'll be set. Anyways, hope this helps and good luck.

-Brett-