B

Brandon

For example 5points = 3mb

So this way someone with 3,000 points doesn't get 3000mb

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't have a way to keep track of this and\or automatically deduct points every month at this time.

-Corey

o0slowpaul0o

Reaction score
I would code something up for you Corey, I just don't have vBulletin so I can look at it's codes.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you think about exchanging points for extra databases, email accounts, subdomains, and maybe each 100 points 1 or 2 months banner free?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Like corey said it would be to hard to keep track of.
aaorozco said:
and maybe each 100 points 1 or 2 months banner free?
We already have that in the shop (but 6 months) :)

Last edited:

X3r0X

Reaction score
The 3 packages that are on offer now are quite efficient and span out very well so that users dont have too much/little on their plan.

My website that I run has this month only used 232.87mb of transfer, and I have had 47151 page views this month so far. The site that I run doesnt lack in graphics at all either and also has an arcade! So what im trying to say is that unless your consistantly using around 70%-80% of your space or transfer dont upgrade. Sure, it would be nice to get an extra 50 mb here and there but it isnt possible, and far to messy for the admins to handle. But if you are using all of your space and transfer, by all means upgrade (and congrats for running such a popular website! :grin:) to the next package.

If you really needed the extra space/transfer on the smaller plans then just upgrade to a larger one. Im sure your members will understand if you have ads on your webpages and it surely dont deterr them from returning.

If you need more space/transfer and you already have the largest plan then (if X10 doesnt give out additional upgrades or lets you purchase hosting) go and buy hosting. 2gb space and 45gb transfer is a massive ammount to be giving out for free! Thats more than some webhosts offer to resellers for upwards of $10 p/m :grin:.

Sorry if I havnt explained some things clearly, but im sure you all get the drift of it :happy:.

Thanks
X3r0X

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Everything is PHP\MySQL. There are action files for all the items in the shop, when you purchase one it executs the action file associated with the item. Adding items are easy, it's the action script that would need to be done.

-Corey

n4tec

Reaction score
Corey said:
Everything is PHP\MySQL. There are action files for all the items in the shop, when you purchase one it executs the action file associated with the item. Adding items are easy, it's the action script that would need to be done.

-Corey

I have been to the vBulletin.org site and people seem to be requesting for the features you want... all people seem to be told to go to http://area51.geekydesigns.com/.. i have visited the site and there is nothing much..
http://www.geekydesigns.com/board/showthread.php?t=256 <-- some requests for the USHOP and you can also request for something..

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
But really, as I said before, Databases, Email, Mailing List, Subdomains etc. would be a very good form to spend our points. What do you think about that?

n4tec

Reaction score
aaorozco said:
But really, as I said before, Databases, Email, Mailing List, Subdomains etc. would be a very good form to spend our points. What do you think about that?

It will not work.. You can create Databases, Email, Mailing List, Subdomains via the Cpanel..

masterchief3k

Reaction score
500 points=25 megs space in the shop?
250 points=1 gig bandwidth in the shop?

and for XX number of points addon subD's and email accounts and email acc. and etc?

Last edited:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
nforchange said:
It will not work.. You can create Databases, Email, Mailing List, Subdomains via the Cpanel..

Of Course you can but when you reach the limit... What I meant was to buy extra features, Like th ones I said before.

kisme

Reaction score
Well, if it would be hard to keep track of then why don't you have a disscussion private to us just the admins and think of ways to organize things better, because that would be great and there ARE ways, and if you can't some up with solotuions maybe you need to think outside the box!! and also, to me this is a quite confusing site, which to me is a trun off, because the User Cp, I'm sorry but most people really aren't going to know what that menas espcially for first time users, and i can't read some fonts on the buttons and in the "User Cp" there should be a place for us to go to our websites (if appliciable), because haing a complerly differnt thing for me is also a turn off, making things easer and more efficant would be totally great becuase i never get responses form Auvee or Corey and sometime i get responses form Tyler, so maybe making a larger staff would be good people that are on inshifts, becuase to some your site maybe a last resort and to some its great, but to make everything easier and well rounded making things so much easier would rock!! and that All I'm saying you don't have to use any of what I say but thats my opinion