pointer not moving

allinone

Reaction score
i have a ps/2 optical mouse of navtech company
the problem is pointer is not moving , clicks are working, light is glowing, but pointer stopped moving. I have tried many things like removing it and again plugging, cleaning lens, etc but its not working sometimes a very little motion is there ....... have anyone faced this problem ???:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

i got new one and its working fine.......
but old one still having same problem...

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
Have you checked the pins on the male end of the plug to make sure they're not bent or broken?
Edit:
What OS are you using? Have you made any changes to the system - new parts, added finger drive, etc? Have added any new software? --- This could be a mechanical issue (w/ the mouse), a power issue (not sufficient energy), or software issue (problem transmitting commands).

1) Try seeing if your mouse works in safemode. If it does get new drivers.

2) Go to your Device Manager and make sure your system sees your mouse. If it does, delete it from the list and restart your computer. When you restart it should "recognize new hardware."

2) Install new drivers anyhow.

Last edited:

arcade1

Reaction score
Probably you need a new one, depending on the brand you are using your mouse could be some low quality product

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I've never heard of Navtech, it is likely your laser has gone kaput.

I still prefer ball mice

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I've never heard of Navtech, it is likely your laser has gone kaput.

I still prefer ball mice

I'm not a fan of ball mice. I'm an optical mouse person, but for gaming I'll use laser.