possible cpanel backup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Daniel

Reaction score
I have backups of my forum and topsite and whenever I try to restore the backups, cpanel does not do it properly. Only 1 of the many tables are installed...(I know the backups work) and when it shows the results, I only see a page of the results of what was installed compared to the 20+ pages that I usually see after reinstalling that exact database. (on different hosts before I came here) So basicly what I'm saying, cpanel does not install mysql backups properly. (My site backup was installed perfectly by what I've seen so far)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it a full cPanel backup?

-Corey

-Daniel

Reaction score
No, what I tried to upload was a mysql backup. I know that the mysql backup would not upload properly (I tried it multiple times and every time, most of the tables and all the information would not be created...) (the backup was made in cpanel with my old host)

-Daniel

Reaction score
Ok, well, I'm a noob when it comes to vBulletin and I can't seem to find the edit button...Anyway, I was just wondering if anything was being done about this? (If you've possibly found the problem) Also, has anyone else experienced problems when trying to restore a mysql database in cpanel that was made from another site?
Thank you for your time,
Daniel

(sorry if I'm a bit inpatient but I can't trully work on my site without the databases...)

Status
Not open for further replies.