Pre-Purchase Questions: Reselling and Upgrading

RyanLion

Reaction score
I had a few questions I wanted to ask x10 before I purchased the S1 Unmanaged VPS package. I know that this forum says that it is for users of the VPS, but hope that someone who just wants two questions answered before paying x10 is allowed to ask a question about the VPS here. Feel free to move this post if you need to, or tell me to contact sales directly.

I am a web developer, and have spent a few years working on websites. I am working on a site for a non-profit organization, and have hopes for a few other sites. I have coded almost all of the site (except, for example, the WYSIWYG editor for pages that talks to my scripts), and wondered if I would be allowed to use my space on the VPS for projects for other people. It would be reselling, which isn't mentioned in the ToS or AUP (unless I overlooked it), like the other service x10 has, but I don't want to have an automated system. I will code each site by hand.

If (when) I upgrade my service to either a yearly package (I will try 1 month to make sure this service is right for me) or switch to S3, S5, or S7, is the transition seamless/mostly un-noticeable? I don't want to deal with, say, deleting my S3 account and having to transition to a new account on S5. Also, I don't think I will exceed even 30 gigs soon, but if I reach S7, is there any further upgrades, or could VPS accounts be linked? Probably don't need to worry about going over 140 gigs for years, but I'm just curious.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You can sure resell your services to other people, the only thing that is not allowed is Free Hosting companies (Like x10Hosting Free Hosting). Also upgrades are seamless, your VPS dosn't even need to be restarted in order to upgrade to the next package.

Lastly we offer cPanel/WHM on our VPS's also so your users can have a control panel to update there sites, create e-mails, etc.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

RyanLion

Reaction score
Thank you, that is what I assumed, but didn't want to signup without knowing. Can I also assume that logging into the forum every month is not required with paid accounts?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Logging into forums monthly is only required for free hosting users. This rule does not apply to Premium or VPS accounts.
- Carl