problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade

Reaction score
i bet you all are sick me posting here but me other post wasnt answered and was just wondering what i was doing wrong. for some weird reason i cant access my ftp through my own client ( cute ftp pro 6) heres wat im doin exactly:

host:ftp.blade05.x10hosting.com

username:blade05@.x10hosting.com

password:********

now when i hit connect it stops on socket found waiting for welcome page ?
and closes the connection everytime after that can someone explain wat im doing rong here plz thanks alot :happy:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try using 70.85.87.52 as the host

-Corey

Conquester777

Reaction score
hey Corey, do you know if it matters if you connect using passive transfers or not?

I know that some of the servers I connect to, require it, and some i can't use it on.

phenetic

Reaction score
i believe you may have to have the ftp adress as ftp.x10hosting.com

blade

Reaction score
:sad: well sorry to say people none of the ways sugested work not even the ip adress as the host or the ftp.x10hosting.com nothing seems til be working at all any more sugestions would be brilliant thanks people

-blade

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I just connected to mine and I used the ip address user name and password. when I set up the connection under properties under the "type" tab I had "server type" =auto detect "data connection type"= Use PASV "transfer type" =auto detect "Server time zone"= no Offset This is using cute ftp 6 pro

blade

Reaction score
o beleave me i tried that god no's how many times auvee just my luck to everythig starts goin rite then it goes rong lol well as i say any help will be a apreciated :happy:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
you read both my posts right .....probably but just checkin

blade

Reaction score
yeah m8 i did thanks alot dont think any one can help me lol been like this a few days so til be honest im not bothered but would love til have it up and runnin but sure

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
you don`t happn to have a firewall that is blocking port 21 do you ????? just asking cause I think thats the port needed to connect on

blade

Reaction score
file transfer protocol ( ftp port 21 ) not blocked havent had me fire wall up durin the process of gettin accepted for hosting
the exact message wen i try til connect is socket connected waiting for welcome message and then it closes the connection after like 15 seconds and as i said no ports are blocked at all really they arnt so dont no wat it could be

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well I wish I knew a bit more about ftp and such so I could help you ...but thats about all the ideas I can com up with. Hope you find help

Status
Not open for further replies.