Problem connecting with dream weaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcheddargoldfish

Reaction score
When i try to connect my site with dream weaver it dosent let me connect no matter what i try, i spent a good 2 hours trying to figure this out and making ftp accounts and nothing seems to work, the strange part is that i can log in with smartftp but not dream weaver any suggestions? help?

Richard

Reaction score
Make sure the passive ftp option is enabled

Manage Sites... >> select your site >> edit >> remote info >> use passive ftp

this should sort things out

xcheddargoldfish

Reaction score
I have tried passive ftp still with no luck, i really dont understand what is going on here, the folder is correct the host is correct and the log in is correct, and i have tried a few diffrent ftp login names, maybe its the folder? because it does say acess denied folder may not exist. Any explanation? and i still can get in with smartftp but not dream weaver.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try changing the folders around? Are you using your default username on this? The usernames you're creating might not have access to the folders in your account...

-Corey

xcheddargoldfish

Reaction score
nothing i seem to do is working i have been tryign all morning messing with folders, messing with new names and the default ones, nothing is working correctly, could i send you the information and you help me sort this out, i have never had this problem with dream weaver before.

Richard

Reaction score
Are you using a firewall or runing any other type of ftp program in the background?

xcheddargoldfish

Reaction score
no i am not =[, i think its the folders that are messed up but then again i can still get into them with smart ftp, so its nto really making any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.