Problem: Visual Studio 2010 and Clickonce Deployment

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantality_studios30

Reaction score
Hi all, Im new here and I'm running into a problem when installing my Application. When trying to install I keep getting this error message "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." I don't know why I'm getting this error. I've successfully deployed in the past, using the same settings that I'm using now. I know the files are there (I can see them) so I don't know why it's saying "404 not found" if anybody has an answer, that would be great.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It might be because of this:

Take a look at the prerequisites:
* Windows Installer 3.1
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)

Both of these require a windows server. x10hosting uses linux servers. The program is incompatible with linux.

Last edited:

fantality_studios30

Reaction score
but see that's what I don't understand, I've successfully deployed in the past. Only difference that I could think of is my setup now. Used Windows XP & VS2008 on a PC, Using Windows 7 & VS2010 on a Laptop. I just Don't get it, I'm stumped

EDIT:
If you mean prerequisites within VS, there already selected. If not then could you be more specific. Thanks

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I can see where I misunderstood the requirements and your problem. There are a few threads about Visual Studio 2010 in the programming and 3rd party scripts forum. You might get a better answer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.