Problem with image

Status
Not open for further replies.

coechips

Reaction score
Just recently after x10hosting uses new server, the images on my site seems to have forbidden access to view even inside my domain name. I have checked hotlink protection settings on cpanel but nothing's wrong with the settings; I even turn it off but no improvement still images on the site has forbidden access for viewing.. What could be wrong? I've already check the script - the configuration script - but there no line to blame not even the data in the database. Please can somebody tell me what's going on.. I've only experience it since the server has changed.

Zenax

Reaction score
Yeah i had this problem a couple of times.... I think it was the file permissions... not entirely sure! It went away after a while!

My advice check file permissions!

Regards,
Zenax

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
how are you trying to view the images? like to you view them on a page or do you view them in the directory

coechips

Reaction score
Oops I guess, I've tried my best but the same problem no improvement. Perhaps, it's on the server. I'm using phpnuke as the base script for the site I'm constructing on my account installed by using fantastico..

I'm not viewing images or invoking to view images inside a directory but rather linking to the images ..the link seems to be right but no image is shown. One time I check error log in cpanel there was an error log there that says forbidden access just after I viewed my site.. it's pertaining to the images.. I've checked hotlink protection to see if there's something wrong with the setting but none I've found; I've totally disabled it one time but it isn't contributing to solve the problem.. Can somebody tell me if is there anything to do about the script or is it the server..?

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
know that you can link images as "imagefolder/image.jpg" you don't actually have to go "http://mysite.x10hosting.com/imagefolder/image.jpg" and also
hope that helps ;)

coechips

Reaction score
It's already coded as part of phpnuke and besides..I think I like the way it is although some of my revise code have link to images same as you have advise me. I'll find some time rereading the scripts on my site.. thanks anyway for the help..

Status
Not open for further replies.