Problem with sending mail with fsockopen(). Disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarzan

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm trying to send e-mails through SMTP authentication using fsockopen and fwrite.
The server seems to respond all right all the way down to the last 221 starka.x10hosting closing connection, but no e-mail is sent!?
Is there some known limitation that I haven't found information about, or is the error behind the keyboard? :)

1. I'm using "mail.[parked domain]" as SMTP server, and it seems to respond to all commands in a predictable way.
2. Even though I used the above SMTP server, "starka" is the server closing the connection at the end, but this is probably all right?
3. The parked domain works to surf to (x10 nameservers used), so I guess it should work automatically as a SMTP-server too?
4. The server seems to add the mail to its queue ("250 ok id=...etc"). Can it be the server queue that is stuck somehow?
5. I'm using port 25.

About a year ago, it worked without authentication, but then I didn't use the mail functionality for a while, and now I've noticed that authentication is required. But now it doesn't send e-mails at all :)

I'm not bothering you with source code right now, since I'm thinking there might be some limitation I don't know about. Does someone use fsockopen to successfully send e-mails on x10hosting (- probably the best hosting service in the world)?

Tarzan

Reaction score
Ok, after some troubleshooting it seems like I now only have problems with sending mails to hotmail. Since there are other threads on the subject I close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.