Problems with adserve script causing page hangs, and IRC offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisp

Reaction score
Hi, was gonna try and get a discussion on IRC going about this. I have an issue where, when there's a problem with the adserve script I need to show (text link ad) on site, it causes the page to hang waiting for the script to respond. Usually it's the MySQL database off-line that the script uses causing the problem, as far as I can tell. Could the script be re-written to fail gracefully if it encounters a problem?

At the moment the only way I can get a page to load when this happens is to take the script out completely, which, is not only breaking the rules to some extent ( although, I in my defence I think it's justifiable, given the ad doesn't appear anyway when the script breaks), but I also then have to keep putting the script back in and seeing if it's working again.

Any chance of this being resolved?

Thanks

Chris

crisp.x10hosting.com

crisp

Reaction score
No, it loads the page header up to the point where the script is placed, and then hangs there waiting for a response from the script, until that time's out the page won't load.
Edit:
I note that the script's working again now, so it's not possible to demonstrate the problem unfortunately

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
hmm, odd.. never noticed a problem on it. i've been connected for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.