Programming

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
Well if you consider using DirectX legally to do things in games are programming(it's funny people think using directx to make cheats is illegal but really they are as it's not violating a single bit of the license agreements since it's not directly modifing the game) then yes lol.

M

Maximus

lol, well, actually I meant with a programming language like C++ or VB, but if you want to call that game programming, go ahead! I am making a game right now that should be up soon!

Xempttt

Reaction score
i know how to use vb and ive made a shell game. it was really hard for me because it needed equations and stuff to make it work.

CheetahShrk

Reaction score
VC++ is the best for games it's the only language that can fully use directx which I use lol. And almost every single game (thats commericall sold) uses it.

Richard

Reaction score
CheetahShrk said:
VC++ is the best for games it's the only language that can fully use directx which I use lol. And almost every single game (thats commericall sold) uses it.
Thats because no one has any choice! :eek:riginal:

SnT2k

Reaction score
*raises hand*

You could get one of my (crappy) games at my site (c-i.x10hosting.com)

Currently, I'm working on a 3d game using Ogre :shifty:

raynor

Reaction score
Everyone forget about C# or something? :p ooh back in the days with that filthy game...what was it called........ultima online. I hate that game :p

raynor

Reaction score
you have to program the code in your game to interact all the levels of it. IE models, sound, lighting, etc. Programming is what is used to MAKE games. It is commonly called the games engine.

ShadowStriker

Reaction score
Maximus said:
Does anyone here actually program games???

i am a begginer in some programming languages but i can also mod... check WWP out (World Wide Programming) currently it doesnt teach you much or anything because it was just made a while ago, but im working on it.

ShadowStriker

Reaction score
first actually "school" thing im gonna put on there is how to mod RTW in a couple basic styles.

bigfurrydemon

Reaction score
Well I'm making an RPG w/my friend... it's kinda simple; I'm doing story/graphics/sound/ideas/other crap, and he's progging with Python .It's supposedly very easy to prog. I think it's free too; you only need a word processor and the Python program.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
php/mysql for my rpg =)

web based is easier than if it isnt though idk if yours is or isnt...

chaganlal1

Reaction score
i never attempted to make a game in VB but a friend of mine made a simple one