Properly Using Trademarks?

Coonz

Reaction score
Currently I am trying to start a website. I was wondering what I'd have to do to eliminate all possibilities of any "stupid legal stuff" from happening. Often, I, will be using trademark games such as Call of Duty series and so on. My frist question is must I use the ® and/or ™ when referring to a game? I've seen plenty of website claiming "all other trademarks are property of their respectful owner(s)." Is this enough to protect me/my website?

I've done a few google searches and looked on wiki and found nearly nothing. Anyone that can give me some info or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Yes i know you probably aren't a lawyer but any info will help me

PhantomChick

Reaction score
My suggestion would be to look at sites that are similar to what you will be doing.

If you're going to be reviewing games, I don't think all that is needed... the site I go to for game reviews (http://www.1up.com/) doesn't seem to mess with ®'s or ™'s.

What sort of website are you making?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
maybe if you live in a country with those symbols.

We aren't using such symbols in Sweden, so I don't really know

Coonz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I live in North America. I did check a few sites and most do not have them. My site is going to be Xbox 360 exclusive. You could say a site that is not really needed. But, I am still going through with it.

Features?

• xbox 360 games
  • cheats
  • previews
  • reviews
  • hints/guides
I am going to make it as simple as possible. Hoping to have a great community/website that everyone enjoys to be apart of. Also, I would maybe like to get a friendly clan together.