Proxy Suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoboi

Reaction score
Apparently i have a proxy on my website. but ive never used it i was just testing the script. ive had it on the site for about 2 weeks. why did it just ban me now?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Proxies are strictly prohibited, regardless of whether or not it is actually being used, and is clearly stated in our Terms of Service. This is a permanent suspension and cannot be resolved.

It didn't get detected earlier because the scanner may not have been running at that time.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I can answer that actually.

The system in place, LWScanner, is programmed, owned, and operated by yours truly, Livewire. Me.

The way the system is coded, I can only scan the files at the time of their execution, NOT their upload. The other scanner we have didn't match this to a known proxy filter at the time. The problem arose when this file was accessed; it turned up in one of the hit-logs I use to determine what is currently being executed on the server, and was queued for a personal scan of mine to determine if it fit one of the many suspension filters I currently have programmed.

Yours matched, and was then queued for instant suspension at the earliest opportunity, which was approximately 3 seconds after the match was found as no one else was queued by the app for suspension.

I apologize for any confusion regarding why it didn't instant-suspend you the moment the file was uploaded, however I cannot apologize for it actually catching you breaking the terms of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.