Psp

jusama14

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a the new psp (playstation portable) im getting it this summer..its really cool and the graphics are good

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I dont have one, but my friend does. The graphics are AWESOME, and the framerate is pretty good for the dvd's it can play. The only thing stopping me from buying one is that you have to buy all new games for it (which are expensive)

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yeah my freind has one also and it is very cool! I give it a 5 out of 5 stars. I am gettig one for my birthday. Can't wait!

Articz

Reaction score
can you plug in the psp into a ps2?

and can you use ps2 games in a psp?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The first question I think is a no, im not sure. The second question is no you cannot use ps2 games on the psp, you have to buy all new games.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Actually yes to the second question. They are making an adapter so you can play PS2 games.... Well thats what I heard....

-MicroTechXP

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
hmm, I never heard that, can you give me a link to where you read that

Conor

Reaction score
I managed to play one at my friends the other day. My oh my what a handheld device. Not only are the graphics the best I've seen, but the sound and everything is so awesome. If it wasn't for the price ATM I would be playing mine right now. Not that I am poor but I have better things to buy if thats possible, heh.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
My freind told me that and he said he had found it on Yahoo! news. Which they always deleat there news after 3 days....

TranceOperator

Reaction score
I got one the first day - awesome. I watched Spiderman 2 on it with my sister lol...it was like being at the movies with headphones on. When you view it close up it's awesome, since the PSP has a widescreen, it's great for movies.

Plus when you're playing games, everything has a larger aspect to it in size. The only game I have for it right now is NFS Underground Rivals though. I plan on getting Wipeout Pure and Midnight Club Dubz Edition though.

Anyway, yeah the graphics are awesome, except the anti-aliasing isn't nearly as good as I would of liked (probably no-one know what that is).

Oh yeah, what's also so awesome about it is that it can serve as an MP3 player, and a digital album. I brought it to school to show some pictures. Haha. You can connect it to your computer and send pictures, videos, and music to the PSP. It only comes with like 30mb of room but you can get some that are like a gigabyte, which I'm going to do soon here. Too bad they are like $80. Yeah, you don't have to be rich to get all of this, you just have to be willing to spend a lot of money for basically non-useful stuff compared to food, drinks, ect. :grin: basically a game addict.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Yup that is all true... I love every bit of PSP. I think they did a great job compared to the DS....

dsfreak

Reaction score
I would love to get a PSP, but all I currently have is a DS, which I love, but since so few people have one, you aren't going to be able to play multiplayer, and, the online is only gonna have... what? 3 games by the end of the year. And the PSP has like all of them... right? Well, I hope to make a free service to play DS games online, even the ones that are just multiplayer, not online... hmmm... Anybody know of a way to get a free PSP? After all, kids can't make much money :(

Aroonxors

Reaction score
PSP rocks.

And i also heard there already going to come out with another Game Boy?

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
I think the psp graphics are great 5of5. I played some of my friends before.

A bit off topic-A funny thing is that wen it first came out all my friends where like "Did you hear about the new PSP!?!? It can play all these cool thing and play movies and can even go on the internet whenever i want." Now, im the smarter one in my friends and I "tried" to tell them that you need a wi-fi router. And well they said I was wrong brought it home and well, where disapointed. I laughed in their face. Lol, a couple days later alot of my friends where out side my house looking up things they couldnt at home. A bit funny if you think about it.

Back on topic-If you havent gotten a PSP and are going to soon, i really think you should spend a little more and get a PDA like me, games are cheaper and such. Thats my oppinion

i didnt want to start a new thread, but it sure looks like you psp users are screwed:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20060331/tc_nf/42532

talk about getting pwned
i think blu-ray will end up the same way.. its all about hd-dvds (THEN HOLOGRAPHIC DATA STORAGE! W00T!)

just get a console :p

Theres this program for compacting DVDs onto a pda, i dont have it but want it.

Last edited:

NFSU2C

Reaction score
cool we talkin bout somethin good now lol well i just made this post n my psp (you can go to the internet here) anyways i love my psp is my favorite gamin device is really good graphics beter then awesome video cality awesome i got my for 5 months now i bougth my for 25 $ with a 128mb memory card gta liberty city stories all for that price u migth wonder how i got it soo chep well i get thet hook ups also about the movies i really dont care i dont watch them i use the movie convert n watch them