Question about Copyrighted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
Writing this thread to ask everybody who are well aware of this matter. So, all of our members will have no problem with theyre account regarding this matter.
My questions are:

1.) Regarding website/s or Blogs, how would you know that you have copyrighted material in your site?

2.) Is Youtube embed a copyrighted material if you put in your site?

3.) There are a lot embed stuffs from well-known websites such as google, youtube, radio station sites, etc... And they Offer webmasters free embed scripts to improve webmasters site, ,etc...
and if so that you embed theyre offer, are you violating copyrighted issue?

4.) I you have like an mp3 player at your website, and the songs that there are all streamable only and from your own reference/s, are you violating copyrighted issue?

5.) I heard from somebody that asking permission from the author wouldnt make you violate copyrighted issue. is that correct?
a.) Then how can you prove that you asked permission from the author, what is it on your website?
b.) What if the author of the thing leave an embed code for you to embed it such as youtube, myspace, google, veoh videos, etc... are you embed it to your website, are you violating copyrighted issue?

6.) This Link will give more help on copyrighted issue : http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-h...ues-about-stuff-website-x10hosting-terms.html

Please reply to my questions to people who knows so much about this matter. So Me and some members will be Well Aware

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Here goes:

1) The site staff usually check your site for any illegal material. So if they find anything suspicious, you will be suspended.

2) Here at x10, even embedding videos from youtube or any other for that matter is also not allowed, without the sole permission of the owner of the video. If you have created it, then there is no harm.

3) Though these sites offer embed code, but x10 does not allow it, without as I said above the sole permission of the owner. x10 does not want to get into any legal tangles, that may arise in the future.

4) MP3's which are copyrighted are not allowed without the permission of the owner, getting of which is almost close to impossible, on x10. You can play any music that you have created.

5) As has been said above, having the permission of the owner is a must for copyright material.
a) I am not sure about it myself, but I think you must produce the permission when asked to do so by x10.
b) It is not the users who post the embed code, it is a feature of video-sharing sites like youtube, google etc. But the videos posted on such sites itself face copyright infringement and if allowed will carry over to x10. And as I said x10 wants to keep away from such legal issues.

I think that's it, and the link provided by you itself contains most of the information.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
My Reply @GamingX reply to my post:

1.) Does a member deserve warning first? before being suspened. and is that for permanent suspension?
2.) Youtube uploaded videos can and can't be shared depending upon the owner controls. as a i own one myself. meaning if he enabled sharing and you search and found my uploaded video there is a option where embed wont be showed if i disabled sharing.
in other words, if i enabled sharing and the embed showed up, then a x10 member search the video and put the embed on his/her website. Would it make him violate copyrighted issue?
3.) I already stated that they are giving it away for free for webmaster to improve thereselves. Does this still violate the copyrighted issue if the owner is giving away embed scripts for free?
4.) the answer to number 4.) is not very specific. i am asking that if i have or any member have a radio player or mp3 player. offcourse it needs a URL to stream a live broadcast, or it wont play at all. and if i know a station and the station is giving-out his link for free, he have some links paid but he is giving out a free option<such as free hosting>. Will it still violate copyrighted issue?
5.) letter a.) as you answer to number 1.) you wouldnt ask but suspened right away? or you will be ask first before suspending?
your answer to letter b.) is accurate. thanks anyway for your reply

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
1. There is no warning, you follow the TOS else you get suspended which itself is a warning. The no. of suspended days varies with the breakage of rules of TOS. For instance no ads you get suspended for 4 days.The suspension is not permanent unless of course you do not unsuspend yourself. If you do not unsuspend yourself within 10 days then the account is
terminated meaning all data on the server is removed.

2. I forgot about that, but again the answer is no, you cannot embed the video without the permission unless you hold the copyright or have the permission of the video holder. Remember that youtube holds tons of videos that infringe copyright and these are uploaded by users like you and me so even if someone has uploaded something, he necessarily does not hold the copyright thus making him an offender and you by embedding the same video would also be classified as an offender.

3. I think (2) answers this question too.

4. I can't seem to understand your point. Do you want to directly stream music from a radio station? or do you have MP3's which you want to play?

5. If you break any rules in TOS, then you will be suspended without warning, though a reason will be given as to why you have been suspended. If you feel you are doing no wrong, you can dispute the suspension. Though I wouldn't recommend it because more often than not the site staff are accurate.

gwuapo2007

Reaction score
4.) our own jukebox, music came from a radio station and/or from different music websites that offers free streamable music.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I think I'll let the site staff answer that one.....

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
To stream music you need to have a license, if you don't have one then it's illegal. Unless you own the music.

mattura

Reaction score
Yep seems to me that pretty much the whole list is forbidden in the TOS. Unless you created the content yourself (the video/mp3 etc)
Why embed stuff that you can just link to anyway?
Unfortunately for original artists, copyright is very hard to enforce - it's just a word without the artist themselves (or somebody acting on their behalf) finding out who breaches copyright and making them take down the content. Although it amounts to theft, it is very much up to the artist to enforce their copyright.
If someone steals your bag of goodies and scatters it across the city, you can't very well go around searching everyone to check they don't have one, it's not worth the effort. But this is what is required to protect copyright when content is leaked/published. So many people get away with breaching copyright, but it doesn't make it right.
So x10 is helping the poor artists in this respect!
You can respect the original artist and provide a link to their website, where interested users might view/purchase the original content.

Status
Not open for further replies.