question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cam17745661

Reaction score
I need to convert my former IPB database to SMF but for some reason when i try to i get errors stating that i cant on the SMF converter

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll need to go to SMF's support to get your best answers. We don't guarantee any support for third-party software.

Last edited:

cam17745661

Reaction score
it isnt the SMF part it is on this end i know because ofthe error i get it has something to do with the PHP system

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
What exactly does the error say?

cam17745661

Reaction score
The converter detected that your host has open_basedir enabled on this server. Please ask your host to disable this setting or try moving the contents of your Invision Power Board to the public html folder of your site.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that setting isn't going to be changed. The php settings are set on a server-wide basis and are already set to the CEO's decision for the security of the free hosting servers. Please try finding a different way to convert your database.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
To bounce off of what calistoy just said, you should try doing what it says and moving the contents of your IPB install to the public_html folder of your site manually via FTP or File Manager. For more help on this, you should try contacting SMF support.

Here's why open_basedir is enabled: open_basedir prevents you from accessing files outside of specific directories from within your scripts. For example, without this restriction, other people on the same server would be able to access your account's files, which I'm sure you wouldn't want happening. Unfortunately, it seems the SMF script is too stupid to realize that your home directory is actually INCLUDED in the list of allowed directories, so it just quits anyway even though it would easily succeed if it tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.