Quick questions about automated suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

superpink9949

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ok so i have just been suspended 5 minutes ago, reason for it is "high usage of ......" now ive read that it says i have 1 of 3 suspensions. Now i really don't want to be kick out permanently so i have this questions.

with using joomla:
1. Does using a lot of extensions help cause this problem?
2. Does having a lot of "contents" in your site contribute to the problem?
3. I have been making my site online, thus this have to do anything about it?
4. Would you reccoment to me making my site offline and just uploading it?
5. Lastly is there a way to monitor my usage of the cpu or servers so i could maybe take a break when its too much?

thanks............

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
1) Depends on the extensions; if you put 1000 well-programmed ones, not nearly as bad as 1 horribly coded one.
2) Not normally, as the content is in mysql and that part doesn't actually use that much in resources to go get.
3) Again, not normally, unless you happen to get 1,000 visitors at once (and by at once I mean within like 2 minutes). Then just the sheer load of that many visitors at once could cause it, but rare.
4) Not if you've got a ton of extensions, cause #3 doesn't tend to cause it.
5) Sadly not at the moment, HOWEVER, the counter resets after a short while. 3 of 3 is NOT a permanent suspension either; at 1 and 2, you can unsuspend it yourself from the Account Panel. On the third, it requires a ticket be opened so we can have staff go look at the logs and see what tripped it (CPU or Ram), and by how much, and what file :)

Knowing that it's not permanent, I usually recommend stopping for a bit after it hits you with a high resource suspension, and then picking up right where you left off. :)

superpink9949

Prime Account
Reaction score
thaks a lot bro, yeah i should take some break more often, maybe i just got so excited, besides i need to finish what im doing.

thank you again atleast i have an idea about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.