Rate this layout

Woolie

Reaction score
[font=&quot]I've just made this new layout (here), I need you to give mecriticism and suggest improvements so I can make it better before I turn it into a tutorial. So fire away. It’s in a blog style.:ughdance: [/font]

Cynical

Reaction score
It looks good but it is rather wide.. It fits on my screen but people with a resolution of less than 1024px wide. Once there's more content on it (tutorials, links etc) it will be a very nice site.

BTW your "Links" link on the left side doesn't work.

EDIT:
nice.

Last edited:

moose

Reaction score
Cynical said:
It looks good but it is rather wide.. It fits on my screen but people with a resolution of less than 1024px wide.

I agree on that one. You should try some php for the layout, or do some advanced slicing.

The layout itself is great though :bigok:

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I like your design, although I have to tell you the same they did, it's very big, perfect for a 1024 or bigger resolution, but lower resolutions may be a problem. The site is great though.

Woolie

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the comments guys. Very helpful. I'll attend the issue of resolution before I tutorialise it. If only i could get rid of the 25% of internet users who still use 800 x 600 :-(

Cynical

Reaction score
You could easily make the images, say, 150px less wide, if you don't mind sacrificing the space. The space betweeen your logo on the left and the four buttons on the right on your header image(s) could be removed, and some of the space on the navbar images (these are a bit too wide for the text you have in them), content boxes, and footer image could be adjusted so they are all ultimately the same width, and the site would still look great. If you wanted help with that I'd be glad but if you made this design I doubt you need any help.

Just suggestions :bigok:
--Cynical

Woolie

Reaction score
Yeah, i think i might reduce the whole thing to fit 800 px wide. That way it will keep the small screen people happy. Also it will mean i have to write less content to make the pages seem full ;-)

Matthews255

Reaction score
i think its perfect. but not as perfect as my site, but im not gonna hijack this topic.

10/10 to you sir.

(i use 1400x1050 res so its nice and centered for me)

B

Brandon

Looks great on my computer. School computers 800X600 looks very large.

Woolie

Reaction score
AllStarGamer101 said:
9.5, It really looks good, Just add more content (lol :) )

Yeah, I'm working on a few photoshop and CSS tutorials at the moment. But they're coming on very slowly :ughdance:. Thanks for all the great responses everyone. I think i'll make a few more.