Reached maximum of database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhalim998

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined x10hosting and started looking at fantastico list and got some stuff I needed. But it shows that I have reached the maximum number of databases. As I searched forum, I need adfree package, but I already have it. How could I fix this?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello.

All accounts have a fixed amount of databases. If you need to install another script, you can easily install multiple scripts into one database. Just use a different database prefix each time.

If you need more databases, the Prime Membership option doubles the amount you get: http://x10hosting.com/prime-membership

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Since Fantastico requires that you only use one database per software package, what I recommend is the following process instead:
  • Find a script in fantastico that you like
  • Follow the link from there to that script's actual website (for example, wordpress would link to wordpress.org)
  • Download the script from there (it will likely be in a .zip or .tar.gz/.tgz) and upload it via FTP or the cPanel File Manager to your site
  • Unpack the script from the cPanel File Manager (select the file and choose the "Extract" option)
  • Follow the instructions on the script's website to install the script. When choosing the database to install to, be sure to choose one of your existing databases instead of attempting to create a new one, and if the script gives you the option to choose a "database prefix" or "table prefix", type something in there (I recommend that you type the script's name followed by an underscore, so if you're installing wordpress make the prefix "wordpress_" and if you're installing MyBB make the prefix "mybb_").

Status
Not open for further replies.