Redirecting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikonen.olavi79

Reaction score
I have domain cisoft.fi and its redirected to cisoft.x10.mx by Nebula Oy in Finland today. But it's not working, i get site which says just 'Hi.'. I wonder whats wrong? They say in Nebula that it works but it wont. What the heck can be wrong...?

Olli.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
How did you create the redirect? If you just set a CNAME record, this isn't going to work because of how cPanel works and the fact that this is a shared server. By setting a CNAME, you are pointing cisoft.fi to the server, but the server doesn't know what account you're trying to reach. This is why you're seeing the Blue Default Page.

You need to add cisoft.fi as an addon domain and create a redirect through cPanel or .htaccess. Or you can add it as a parked domain and have it show the same content as your x10.mx domain. Only by doing this will the server know what account you're trying to reach with the cisoft.fi domain.

Learn about adding domains here: http://x10hosting.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Your_Own_Domain

ikonen.olavi79

Reaction score
I've tried cPanels AddOn Domains with the following data:

New Domain Name: cisoft.fi
Subdomain/FTP Username: cisoft
Document Root: public_html/
Password: xxxxxxxx
Password (Again): xxxxxxxx

And i get:
Addon Domain Additions
Error from park wrapper: Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.

At Nebula Oy they have this data:

@ IN A 69.175.120.122
www IN CNAME cisoft.x10.mx.

And when i check my IP (cisoft.x10.mx) , i got this: 69.175.6.102.

and the x10Hosting name servers and their IPs are:

ns1.x10hosting.com = 99.198.122.2
ns2.x10hosting.com = 173.236.27.195

Can u tell me what is wrong in here?

Olli.

Status
Not open for further replies.