Remote Linking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigee

Reaction score
Hey, sorry if this is wrong forum, i am getting my website set up for when account is activated and was wondering if remote linking of images/media was allowed.

Thanks in advance :)

Cynical

Reaction score
You can link to any of your files from wherever you like, provided those files do not breach x10's TOS (which is what I think Spartan is getting at).

In short, as long as you own rights to the files, you can link them. Otherwise you shouldn't have them in the first place :p.

jaint

Reaction score
and you shouldn't use your account to offload images elsewhere, it's not free image hosting.

Craigee

Reaction score
No, i mean like can i host like Media files from CD onto a different web host, then link them to this one.. Also YouTube Videos (which arent copyright coz ppl make them)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Craigee said:
No, i mean like can i host like Media files from CD onto a different web host, then link them to this one.. Also YouTube Videos (which arent copyright coz ppl make them)

Well, I can sorta answer this :

Media files from a CD? Do you own the copyright to the media or have written permission to use them?? If the answer is no - then no.

TOS said:
»Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s on your webspace in any way shape or form.

And some Youtube material is copywritten. Have you seen the music videos they have, clips from TV shows and movies? Those are copywritten material.

Plus, that question was a bit confusing - you are asking if we will allow you to host copywritten material on another host and hotlink it to your site here? ... *shakes head* ... I would think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.