Reporting a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Hmmm this is a serious thing, I don't know about Habbo can you only login to play on their site? He may not be able to see the people's passwords since it's a flash code.

Wait for a mod or admin to check this out.

EDIT: This site's been reported as a fraud site, though there was no real proof. There are no links from the main page to login to the page you gave. I dunno.

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
Yes, this is in voilation of the TOS, as it obviously violates copyright laws. Akkarin, he might have it set up to where it logs input to his site, allowing him to discover Habbo usernames and passwords. I might PM a mod or admin about this if none of them come within five minutes. Thanks for reporting this.

Edit: I just discussed this with him over MSN, he will have it down within 20 min.

Last edited:

Akkarin

Reaction score
This is serious, this site has been reported for fraud but I browsed the site and couldn't find anything, tell me Skream how did you get that link to that page?

Skream

Reaction score
HabboHotel UK Terms & Conditions (http://www.habbohotel.co.uk/habbo/en/help/safety/terms/)

1.7 The User may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or services obtained from the Website. All our intellectual property rights and those of persons providing content to the site are fully reserved.

1.9 Habbo Hotel has been designed for use only on the Service. The Software is licensed for your use on the Service only. Sulake UK Ltd does not grant you a licence to use the Software for any other purpose. You agree to use Habbo Hotel only on the Service and not through any other means. You further agree not to create or provide any other means through which others may use Habbo Hotel, for example, through server emulators. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Software, including any proprietary communications protocol used by the Software.

Also, the front page says you can use your existing username. I also believe that this tracks/logs what you enter, and he will personally try it out on www.HabboHotel.co.uk

Skream

Reaction score
I am a player of www.HabboHotel.ca. Someone on my habbo console, named "Curly", sent me a message advertising www.HabboHotel.es.tt as a Habbo Hotel site, with a new version, called Version 8. This is a very anticipated version, only released on www.HabboHotel.se, which supposedly will only let in Swedish IPs.

Working at Habbo help centres since 2001, I recognized this as a domain that Habbo has not registered, not a specific site for a country. So, at the bottom bar when I loaded this site, I noticed it was loading off of www.x10hosting.com. And I noticed at the top in the address bar, this : "http://www.night.x10hosting.com/koc_3/". Habbo hosts on its own servers, not paying for them on sites like this. And, being a member already of www.x10hosting.com, I decided to report.

EDIT : Curly was told this by another person, it wouldn't be his site.
Also, sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Akkarin

Reaction score
Ok, I think a mod has either not seen this or they are looking into it. The site has no x10 ads does? Maybe the owner is a VIP user.

Skream

Reaction score
I've been PMed, so no worries. Although after they PMed me, I sent them the info in post # 5 of the thread, and they went offline.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Ok, it will be dealt with which is good news! I'm surprised this hasn't been seen before, since people's accounts are checked I believe but i dunno how thoroughly and regularly. Good Job Sherlock Holmes!

dsfreak

Reaction score
It is all gone, thanks to me. I know why everything was like that, and why there were no links pointing to that page. If a mod or admin would like to know why the site had that, and why it has no links to that area of the site, I would be glad to let them know. I don't know about the ad thing, but I do know that the issue at hand was dealt with. In any event, thanks for reporting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.