Request for Increased Disk Space

pintwin173

Reaction score
I am currently using 78.1% of my assigned space, which is insufficient to create a backup of my site.

If you could increase my available disk space it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Pintwin173

kenny9

Reaction score
Backups should be stored off site. If your site is lost, your backup would also be lost.

pintwin173

Reaction score
Thanks for your (obvious) reply. It appears I need to rephrase the question with some additional detail:

I am currently using 78.1% of my assigned space, which is insufficient to create a backup of my site.

When X10 hosting creates a backup (option: "Compress and Download") of a selected folder, it compresses it into as a zip file which stores temporarily on my assigned space, downloads the file to the destination on my computer, and then releases the temporary zip file from my assigned space.

In my situation, backing up my Wordpress database and associated content alone requires about 233Mb of space - or, essentially all of my remaining space - just to create and download a backup.

This doesn't include the non-Wordpress portions of my website which, of course, would require more space (that I don't have).

So, unless there's another free method to create and download a zipped backup of my entire site I need additional disk space.

BTW: I don't store backups on my assigned space, viz:
Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 9.18.02 AM.jpg
However, it does make me wonder why there's a default folder called "backups" when x10 doesn't want people storing "backups" on their account ;-)

So...
If you could increase my available disk space it would be appreciated.

Pintwin173

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 9.18.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 9.18.02 AM.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 1

mrburnsx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
While your request is being reviewed, an alternative would be using a FTP Client to download all the files to your local machine and then compress (zip) it on your local machine and going to phpmyadmin to export the database.

pintwin173

Reaction score
While your request is being reviewed, an alternative would be using a FTP Client to download all the files to your local machine and then compress (zip) it on your local machine and going to phpmyadmin to export the database.
Thanks for the helpful tip, appreciated!

In the past when space was available I'd compress & download (c&d) the entire site, easy-peasy. As space became tight I'd c&d the WP database separately then only the folder(s) containing incremental changes. Thanks for another option :)