Review My Redesigned Website (Looking for Approval)

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
I am in the middle of redesigning my website. My very first design (which has already been critiqued) can be found here: http://brianwallchess.x10hosting.com/. The overall design of the website was haphazardly done because I did not know much anything :dunno:.

:rant2:<Rant>

Since, I have looked at some popular sites on the web and thought to incorporate some of the things from those sites into my own and totally redesign my site. Before I went ahead and redid the whole site I wanted to get some opinions on the new changes (right now the text has not bee formatted but I was intending to keep it very dark, almost black). I have fixed several bugs that were plaguing the original design (such as the drop down menu) and incorporated some much appriciated feedback from my previous post. Some things I want to point out in my design, I added a drop shadow to the masthead and main body which I created myself. I added a checkerboard background which I also created myself. Made the index page much bigger and gave it some breathing room and also filled in some dead space. Also, with the help of a tutorial site, I got a much better drop down menu.

</Rant>

Here is my new design (None of the links will work and there is no content yet added to this design):

http://brianwallchess.x10hosting.com/Design2/index2.htm

If I get mostly positive feedback then I will continue with this design and give the entire site a make over. If not I will try again :biggrin: Thanks for all the criticism in advance!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i would say average, not to be mean but it looks like a very home made kind of site not like a professional one. 1) the font-family is one thing i personally never like serif fonts on the web, unless it fits the purpose 2) the content right now looks scattered all over the place, I had trouble finding what it all ment 3) the logo "Brian Wall.." doesn't really stand out

garrensilverwing

Reaction score
thanks for feed back :). it is homemade so its no biggy its my second attempt at a design. 1) i havent decided what I am going to use for my font formats so I havent formatted them at all, thats just the default for my computer. 2)havent added any content yet, but the big white spaces inside the 3 bordered divs will have the news emails and games content respectively 3) i suck at graphic art haha i will work on it though, any suggestions?

sunils

Reaction score
Lot of improvement can be found in your design. But if you can use some more colors instead of white that would look good. This is just my opinion.