Review my site

dcoates

Reaction score
I have recently redone my forum due to a loss of info and no backup (won't do that again LOL).

I would like feed back on my forum and would like suggestions on my main site I would like to make some Ideas on what to do with it.

And if you like my forum please help out and promote it along your way or even become a member if you like, trying to get it off the ground and having a little trouble with that area.

Thanks Doug

hopper

Reaction score
color scheme is decent
the picture on 'pricing' overlaps with the links on the bottom, needs to be moved up a few ticks, even worse for the 'gallery' page
again in 'contact us' the form needs to be moved down
layout of the 'home page' is a bit off

the forum doesn't show up at all
p.s. i would be more then happy to take you up on your offer if you want help, i may not be an expert on photography so i might not have the technical aspects but i would help in whatever way i could :)

Last edited:

dcoates

Reaction score
You must be using fire fox because I never seen that with IE. I just switched to FF and I'm glad you told me cause I don't skip through my pages very often and now I see what you mean. I will fix that right away.

And you are more that welcome to help out in any way. I really need advertisement of any kind right now getting members and posts is my big Issue right now. and I am not the biggest on technical stuff for photography either but I am a photographer in my spare time and thought I would like to get a photography community of my own going I don't need to know it all to do that.

Thanks

Doug

Last edited:

hopper

Reaction score
np i think i'll register on yer forum when i get a chance (as soon as i can see it) if you need help moderating etc.. i operate my own forum and moderate a couple others so, my offer stands :)

dcoates

Reaction score
thanks hopper I'll keep you in mind when I need a moderator.

Thanks

olmcs87

Reaction score
i think the layout of the banners and the google search bar are a little off

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Well first about the color scheme - seriously pink does not suit on black, it looks kinda playboy site type. The Header needs to be changed. The ads shown should have a black background and white text so as to match the website. The website is little broader ( in 1024 x 768 ), using FF, this should not be. And the extra things on your homepage is a turn off. Try removing them or make them organized.

Overall Rating : 6/10
Is not a pleasure to the eyes. Work hard on it.

hopper

Reaction score
as much as i hate to admit it the forum still does not work much at all
if it were my website i'd tear it down and start with a different forum package
i dont know if thats an option for you or not
but if you could id reccomend phpbb2, phpbb3 or something else more standard
or if you wanted more than just a plain forum then perhaps
php-nuke or e107 content management systems
i would be willing to help with that :)

Last edited:

dcoates

Reaction score
I am interested in your offer hopper.

My main thing is I like a dark setting and I really like the rounded sorta look. Does php-nuke or this e107 (never heard of it before) have the rounded feature themes.

I had also looked into Mybb. I tried PHPbb 2 but I hate the way mods go into it I like the feature in smf for mod installs. If you could look into the features I like and see what there is I might take a closer look. I am going to read more into the php-nuke and I am looking for some info on the e107 as well.

Also does the php-nuke and e107 come as packages like the entire site and forum I might misunderstand it but that's what it looks like and that would be a bonus cause then I wouldn't be trying to match the two together.

Thanks doug.

Last edited: