Review my site

tittat

Reaction score
I think that logo at the top is just enough,so whats the need of that big image just below the site navigation???
Remove that administrator button for guest/visitors.Though it looks fine in Mozilla the layout is not compatible with IE6.

xmakina

Reaction score
Layout (FF3):

Make the logo bg match the cell it's in. It's very clear where the logo stops.

Administrator button is a big no-no.

The search box is right against the planet image. It looks like you've just popped it into the template. Add some padding or at least a <br />

There's some weird blue blob next to the "By" line. What's that meant to be?

Content text leaks out of the pane.

Tables have no border, making it look haphazard and difficult to read.

You do not have valid XHTML or CSS. Section 508 says your site has an error.

Content:

You're incredibly condescending to your users. Most people can use the internet these days and "adding [content] and forum posts" do not an incredible site make.

As for "Possibly one of the best website's to be a member of" that just stinks of arrogance. Believe me, you aren't. Getting a superiority complex so early on in life is not a good way to start.

That top news post "Why you should become a member" is painfully just lifted from an email reply. You even left in the ">"'s. How is anyone meant to take a site serious when the admin doesn't even care to make proper news posts?

Why are you talking about songs? Who cares? This is a gaming website, isn't it?

You have "latest" as a category for news. Categories should Never be time based as you'll have to prune them every day/week to stop them being "latest". Just do an "ORDER BY <newsPostDate> LIMIT 5" in your SQL to get the 5 latest news posts.

You need a LOT more content in general, but I'll leave the rest of the site, presuming you have yet to add any before your layout is spot on.

funwebs

Reaction score
Fixing some of the promblems working on the logo now. Ok i got most of the big things done anyn things else you guys care to mention?

Last edited:

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
Your link is broken, it points to the forum.

Very nice design, but your text goes out of your main area.

Your gray text (Views : 4 for example) should be a little lighter to be easier to read and the top "Welcome to Fun Webs. The most fun place on the web." should be made bigger as it doesn't get the attention (and as far as grammar goes I'd say "Welcome to Fun Webs: the funniest place on the Web!").

Curiosity: what are the logos next to your news? They look like incomplete French quotation marks ^^

Improvement: Customized submit buttons would look nicer in your template :)
And having the "Search" button on the same line as the search field might be better.

All small stuff as you see, I like it a lot ^^

Last edited: