Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Good

• Excellent

• Total voters

vol7ron

Reaction score
I redistributed your Poll with 2 votes (added the below average and excellent category), the #s are correct, but yours and CRM's post may not be attached to the right category.

This way you'll get more accurate responses.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
you need to put more useful information on your home page. when I come and see a box telling me where I'm not from, I instinctivly hit my browsers back button. You need to tell me why I should start visiting pages on your site on your home page. You could at least tell me what is on your site and what it is about.

apoorav

Reaction score
you need to put more useful information on your home page. when I come and see a box telling me where I'm not from, I instinctivly hit my browsers back button. You need to tell me why I should start visiting pages on your site on your home page. You could at least tell me what is on your site and what it is about.

I am Developing My Site , Its a personal Site , i am not telling others to visit it , i am gradually adding contents to it.
I am not telling u to visit it, if u find some useful information in it, use it.

amolpatil2k

Reaction score
I have trouble understanding the DNA of your site. There is no central organizing logic. Also there is no central visual theme. The visitor gets lost in the sea of domain names and sections. The first thing you need to learn is how to organize a site.

There are millions of sites out there so anything you can come up would already be there.

This means there is no point trying to create a site for others.

Create a site for yourself.

Only when the site makes sense to you could it ever appeal to others.

The Internet supplies us with free domains, free hosts, free content, free widgets and so on.

On top of all that we have the ability to link to and embed millions of resources.

Naturally everyone would get thoroughly confused about what to do.

Don't feel bad about not being able to crack the Internet problem because everyone is in the same soup.

My approach (not that I am very good at it) is to design the site for myself and only myself.

The first question I ask is that

(1) What are people doing?

Ans: A lot of people are buying DVD players nowadays.

(2) How are people doing that?

Ans: People see ads in newspapers, or ask friends who already own one or go into the store and choose one by looking at various models and talking to the salesman there.

(3) Can I sell DVD players to people?

Ans: No one will visit my stupid site because most people don't have a Net connection and even those who do require lots of ads to get them to click. And at the end of it all only a handful trust e-commerce. Also I don't want to make any investments etc.

(4) Should I still try to sell DVD players to people?

Ans: Let me act as a prospective client and since I have an Internet connection, let me try to see how "I am handled" by this medium. Okay I'll Google "DVD player" select India and let's see what I get. Okay these shopping portals, these ads etc. Let me try blog search, okay so and so blogs are saying such and such.

(5) Okay so people do actually DVD players on the Net, but is that the way to handle customers?

Ans: Most definitely not. For instance, most shopping sites or even consumer friendly blogs never mention the importance of the USB port, which makes a world of difference. Why burn the songs or movies on DVD-R which is both awkward and irreversibly and costly when we could simply copy the files to our pen drive.

(6) What more do I need to tell prospective customers?

Ans: DivX is old hat but a lot of people need to know the deal with DivX. Also Samsung is planning to introduce these new models and prospective customers should not buy the old models now. Also LG has a much better service network, it would be nice to have a section which compares the service network of various brands.

(7) Should I get more involved in their decision making?

Ans: A lot of salespeople would not be informing the customers about the latest on BluRay players and how this decision would affect the speaker system (5.1/7.1) and av receiver (uncompressed PCM support). If it is a high end customer then the speaker system and receiver should be future ready for BluRay.

And so on.

Once you know that the Internet is not "handling" the prospective customers properly and you can do a better job, that's where you can start designing your site with a focus and with a purpose.

apoorav

Reaction score
I have trouble understanding the DNA of your site. There is no central organizing logic. Also there is no central visual theme. The visitor gets lost in the sea of domain names and sections. The first thing you need to learn is how to organize a site.

There are millions of sites out there so anything you can come up would already be there.

This means there is no point trying to create a site for others.

Create a site for yourself.

Only when the site makes sense to you could it ever appeal to others.

The Internet supplies us with free domains, free hosts, free content, free widgets and so on.

On top of all that we have the ability to link to and embed millions of resources.

Naturally everyone would get thoroughly confused about what to do.

Don't feel bad about not being able to crack the Internet problem because everyone is in the same soup.

My approach (not that I am very good at it) is to design the site for myself and only myself.

The first question I ask is that

(1) What are people doing?

Ans: A lot of people are buying DVD players nowadays.

(2) How are people doing that?

Ans: People see ads in newspapers, or ask friends who already own one or go into the store and choose one by looking at various models and talking to the salesman there.

(3) Can I sell DVD players to people?

Ans: No one will visit my stupid site because most people don't have a Net connection and even those who do require lots of ads to get them to click. And at the end of it all only a handful trust e-commerce. Also I don't want to make any investments etc.

(4) Should I still try to sell DVD players to people?

Ans: Let me act as a prospective client and since I have an Internet connection, let me try to see how "I am handled" by this medium. Okay I'll Google "DVD player" select India and let's see what I get. Okay these shopping portals, these ads etc. Let me try blog search, okay so and so blogs are saying such and such.

(5) Okay so people do actually DVD players on the Net, but is that the way to handle customers?

Ans: Most definitely not. For instance, most shopping sites or even consumer friendly blogs never mention the importance of the USB port, which makes a world of difference. Why burn the songs or movies on DVD-R which is both awkward and irreversibly and costly when we could simply copy the files to our pen drive.

(6) What more do I need to tell prospective customers?

Ans: DivX is old hat but a lot of people need to know the deal with DivX. Also Samsung is planning to introduce these new models and prospective customers should not buy the old models now. Also LG has a much better service network, it would be nice to have a section which compares the service network of various brands.

(7) Should I get more involved in their decision making?

Ans: A lot of salespeople would not be informing the customers about the latest on BluRay players and how this decision would affect the speaker system (5.1/7.1) and av receiver (uncompressed PCM support). If it is a high end customer then the speaker system and receiver should be future ready for BluRay.

And so on.

Once you know that the Internet is not "handling" the prospective customers properly and you can do a better job, that's where you can start designing your site with a focus and with a purpose.

Dont use ur brain much, its a personal site, not a professional site or corporate site. I will take ur advice when i will transform it to commercial site.
Thanks anyways!:cool: