Rift KnowSpot

eye2fly

Reaction score
Hello all, tried to see if I could straddle the lanes as nicely as possible between visual appeal, and ability to be functional with a high-usage FPS game running at the same time.

Could use feedback :)

URL: http://riftknowspot.elementfx.com

Darkmere

Reaction score
I have some suggestions.

1.) Your Rift image is gross lol. It is grainy and the shadows are clipped. I would get another one to replace that.
2.) Try using a color scheme close to that of Rift it self. If you look at other gamming sites like WoW site for instance if you notice they use a similar scheme that makes it have the same look and feel but it still has its own uniqueness to it.

eye2fly

Reaction score
kk... and yeah on the rift image... unfortunately the image Trion provides doesn't scale down well even with adobe cs5.5... been trying to work around that, but im hearing many other fansites are having similar issues... considering the theme and how to implement though :)

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your color scheme really does not fit with the game or the game's logo at all. Also, that shade of blue on that shade of gray has a serious contrast issue that is difficult for me to read. Anybody who is color blind won't be able to read that. You should also look into a theme for your forum to match.

Darkmere

Reaction score
You mean like this :p
Rift.png
I took your image blew it up and reapplied the drop shadow. Done with CS4

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
I noticed your project and took a few minutes off mine to explain some things.

The posters are right. You're going to want to mimic the colors of the game to make it flow. Colors you're going to want to try out are black, dark blue, dark grey, white, blue, light blue and other colors that show up in the logo. A combination of these colors could work wonderfully together. An example of a logo with a background that matches is shown below.

example_knowspot.jpg

The above attachment was saved as a JPEG quality 12, which is ridiculously high and is only around 63 KB. You can easily compress it to around 43 KB without losing any real quality if you're worried about page load times or use something like CloudFlare and it'll be cached for you.

I have the psd file and am willing to send you the link to if you would like it. It was made in CS5. Hope this helps you.

Jake

Last edited: