RPG Maker 2k-2k3

Nate_Benton

Reaction score
Is anybody using RPG Maker 2000 or RPG Maker 2003? I just started playing around with 2000 and am coming up with a full game already! Its fun! If you are using either, post about your experiences, and share story lines of your games, and characters.
If you could, provide screenshots. :)

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Nate_Benton said:
Is anybody using RPG Maker 2000 or RPG Maker 2003? I just started playing around with 2000 and am coming up with a full game already! Its fun! If you are using either, post about your experiences, and share story lines of your games, and characters.
If you could, provide screenshots. :)
I havent ever used it. But I would realy like to start useing it. Can you download ither RPG maker 2000 or 2003? I don't have the money to get one right now haha.

Nate_Benton

Reaction score
You can find it everywhere for free download. I know fileplanet has it. I can't really post a direct link, it took me awhile to find one. Just google fileplanet and RPG Maker 2000.
Rpg Maker 2000 is better to use then 2003, the sideview in 2003 sucks. It looks like the characters are too happy, they look like they are hopping and dancing around.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I've used both but I agree with Nate, 2k is the better one. More resources, easier to make graphics and it just looks better.

Kay

Reaction score
I haven't tryed using RPG Makers - I may give it a try when I find the download - thanks for this.

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Nate_Benton said:
You can find it everywhere for free download. I know fileplanet has it. I can't really post a direct link, it took me awhile to find one. Just google fileplanet and RPG Maker 2000.
Rpg Maker 2000 is better to use then 2003, the sideview in 2003 sucks. It looks like the characters are too happy, they look like they are hopping and dancing around.
Awsome, Thanks. Soo is this program realy easy to pick up. Like very easy to learn?

Nate_Benton

Reaction score
Actually, it is. The only problem I ran into was variables, but that didn't take long to figure out. No programming is needed so, its quite easy to do, and pretty fun.

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
I find rpg maker very easy to use also, some drag and drop, but a hell of a lot typing for dialogue and storyline.

Nate_Benton

Reaction score
Yeah, but its fun to use. I don't really mind typing a lot for a storyline. I'd prefer for it to take 2 years to make a great game, then 1 month on a game not worth the download.

dekarvn

Reaction score
RGP2k - RGG2k3 is the older version of RMXP. Why won't you try RMXP instead, they have configurable scriptings stuff which you can easily modify the outcomes of your games rather than stick to the main menu layout...battle....the one which cannot be fixed in RPG2k3...